Simple way to brighten windshield (tinted windscreen glass without using HDR Lighting)

My only complaint about the Aerosoft CRJ Professional was the dull view at the displays and out of the windshield/windscreen (don´t like HDR Lightung at all):

<censored>

By the way, do you maybe have an idea regarding  my "Minimums" problem?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/153846-repeated-callout-minimums-crj900/

Thanks and regards,

Herbert

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, Puukka said:

My only complaint about the Aerosoft CRJ Professional was the dull view at the displays and out of the windshield/windscreen (don´t like HDR Lightung at all):

Just rename this file: CRJ_PROF_GLASSSIMPLE_A at Aerosoft CRJ Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft CRJ-700 Pro\TextureVC.

By the way, do you maybe have an idea regarding  my "Minimums" problem?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/153846-repeated-callout-minimums-crj900/

Thanks and regards,

Herbert

If I remember correct, in DAVE is an option for that.

And HDR is required for PBR. You can do it only one way. Else you would double the development time and nobody would want to pay that.

Thanks for your reply, yes, at EFB (Dave) there is the option "untinted windscreen glass", but without HDR the windshields and displays turn from dark to slightly dark.

It´s still like wearing sunglasses. I found some threads  customers complaining about it at CRJ and the Airbus models.

This option <censored>

But as you wrote, I´m using the sim for practicing the procedures and readable displays (especially the small ones of a CRJ) are much more important for me than the external model, which I don´t care.

I guess, most of the customers think different.

And I´m enjoying the landscape, when I turn on HDR, it looks hazy or too shiny, even I decrease blurr, also don´t like the dadption time when switching from external to cockpit view.

Kind regards,

Herbert

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 14 Stunden , Puukka sagte:

Thanks for your reply, yes, at EFB (Dave) there is the option "untinted windscreen glass", but without HDR the windshields and displays turn from dark to slightly dark.

It´s still like wearing sunglasses. I found some threads  customers complaining about it at CRJ and the Airbus models.

This option uses <censored>

But as you wrote, I´m using the sim for practicing the procedures and readable displays (especially the small ones of a CRJ) are much more important for me than the external model, which I don´t care.

I guess, most of the customers think different.

And I´m enjoying the landscape, when I turn on HDR, it looks hazy or too shiny, even I decrease blurr, also don´t like the dadption time when switching from external to cockpit view.

Kind regards,

Herbert

Then you are using not default shaders. That’s not a fault of the product.

The shader tool developers are responsible to offer compatible settings if they change default shaders.

You might be correct, but if I see it that way, the other products as PMDG, Captain SIm, FSlabs, Quality WIngs, Feel There,... don´t seem to be prepared for HDR then.

They share bright displays and untinted windows without the use of HDR.

Kind regards,

Herbert

• Developer

None of these other products have full PBR cockpits. That's the main reason why they don't get darker.

Also, please refrain from telling people to delete or rename any components of the product. We are not going to allow this here. If you want to fix the issue, uninstall Tomatoshade or whatever similar product you use.

Ok, sorry, I understand. I don´t use any shaders or similar but as I wrote before, I´m not a typical user because I don´t care of the external view and any visual effects.

But I care a lot of the systems working as the real thing and you did great work, I enjoy it much.

Thanks and regards,

Herbert

Archived