Installation NUUK Greenland

gero

Hallo everybody,

who could help me installing FSDG, especially NUUK, Greenland? Please ... !

I always get installation error messages concerning the right path (see attached screen shot, LEFT) of the *bgl - files - even if I copy them manually into the directory (see attached screen shot, RIGHT).

By the way, it is the same problem ALWAYS with FSDG-Sceneries (Seycheles, Ayers Rock..) - they never can be installed without problems. Especially if you change the directory to C:\Prepar3d4\addon scenery\ where in my case all addons are normally installed.

Couldn't anybody be so kind and write a well functioning FSDG-installation routine as for all other Aerosoft Products?

Thanks in advance + Greetings Gero

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
33 minutes ago, gero said:

Couldn't anybody be so kind and write a well functioning FSDG-installation routine as for all other Aerosoft Products?

First of all, the installer works perfect, it simply relies on the recommend install path by LM and does not offer an alternative path, like other installers. So no wonder that you are getting problems, when you decide to break this on your own risk.

And if you want to see a different installer allowing you to choose an individual folder, you should go to FSDG, as they are responsible for the installer and not Aerosoft.

Sehr geehrter Herr Schäfer,

es tut mir Leid, aber ich belasse alle Einstellung so, wie der Installer sie wünscht. Aber der Installationsfehler tritt in immer der gleichen Weise auf. Es spielt auch überhaupt keine Rolle, ob ich irgendwie versuche, die Installation zu beeinflussen oder nicht - es ist immer der gleiche Effekt, wie in meinem Screenshot dargestellt: angeblich werden die NUUK_RS2_....bgl's nicht gefunden. Sind stehen aber definitiv im angeblich nicht vorhandenen Verzeichnis!

Seltsam auch, daß der Installer 2x ineinander verschachtelt den Pfad FSGD-Greenland Nuuk angelegt.

Ich darf noch ergänzen: es wird auch NICHT - wie sonst z.B. bei allen Aerosoft-, MSFG-, Flylogic-Produkten, .... (es sind bei mir inzwischen fast hunderte, ich habe inzwischen nahezu alles, was man bei Aerosoft hinsichtlich FS kaufen kann)  - im Startmenu ein Eintrag vorgesehen, mit dem man irgendwas konfigurieren, oder Deinstallieren oder auch Handbuch lesen kann, angelegt. Auch nicht unter Start-Programme.... ein Programeintrag angelegt...

Und: doch, man kann im Installer den Pfad ändern. Und z.B. versuchen, in den "normalen" Aerosoft-Addons"-Pfad umzulenken. Das hat aber alles keinen Einfluß.... Immer wieder "Can't find NUUK_RS2_...bgl, You must Re-run the installer". Müßig zu erwähnen, daß P3D auch NICHT in der üblichen Weise zu Beginn die Meldung "Building New libraries" liefert.

Ich weiß jetzt nach mehreren Stunden Herumprobierens echt nicht mehr, was ich noch tun soll.... Das ist seit Jahren das erste Mal, daß eine Installation nicht klappt.

Entschuldigung ... und trotzdem beste Grüße, Gero

Bleibt mir noch zu erwähnen: "....responsible for the installer and not Aerosoft" es geht mir hier nicht um irgendeinen responsibility. Es ist halt einfach ärgerlich, wenn es einfach nicht funktioniert, und man einen guten Rat sucht, weil man am Ende seines Lateins angekommen ist .... 😉

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please stick to english, when posting in the english forum

42 minutes ago, gero said:

es tut mir Leid, aber ich belasse alle Einstellung so, wie der Installer sie wünscht.

No, you are doing not, as you wrote yourself:

1 hour ago, gero said:

Especially if you change the directory to C:\Prepar3d4\addon scenery\ where in my case all addons are normally installed

Seltsam auch, daß der Installer 2x ineinander verschachtelt den Pfad FSGD-Greenland Nuuk angelegt.

This is correct

Ich darf noch ergänzen: es wird auch NICHT - wie sonst z.B. bei allen Aerosoft-, MSFG-, Flylogic-Produkten, .... (es sind bei mir inzwischen fast hunderte, ich habe inzwischen nahezu alles, was man bei Aerosoft hinsichtlich FS kaufen kann)  - im Startmenu ein Eintrag vorgesehen, mit dem man irgendwas konfigurieren, oder Deinstallieren oder auch Handbuch lesen kann, angelegt.

Only partially correct, there is an entry to uninstall it. And just as a recommendation: Click on the Windows Startmenu and type what you search for, like FSDG and it leads you in second to what you need. By far faster then scrolling through an endless list of entries in the Apps list. ;)

Müßig zu erwähnen, daß P3D auch NICHT in der üblichen Weise zu Beginn die Meldung "Building New libraries" liefert.

Never seen this message in P3Dv4.5. But maybe may PC is lightning fast.

40 minutes ago, gero said:

Es ist halt einfach ärgerlich, wenn es einfach nicht funktioniert, und man einen guten Rat sucht, weil man am Ende seines Lateins angekommen ist .... 😉

And again, simply leave the install procedure as it as and and eveything runs well:

Hallo Mr Schäfer,

once again I try my best - and like with my first attempt, I don't change anything except entering my Password. I give you a step-by-step explanation what i do:

1) I unpack the zipped download file to D:\t1, my HDD with 1 TB free space. I read the file "Please Read_installation notes[P3Dv4]" which says "run FSDG_Greenland Nuuk_v1.1_P3Dv4.exe". This step, however, hasn't to do anything with the installation itself. It's just my storage device for downloaded original files.

2) I run "FSDG_Greenland Nuuk_v1.1_P3Dv4.exe", agree with the copyright terms, enter my password (registration key from Aerosoft) and leave anything as the installer proposes to do.

Especially, it says "Directory: Choose an installation folder and click next to continue" (here I could adjust the inst6allation folder, but I don't change anything)

and furthermore

"FSDG-Greenland Nuuk's files will be installed in the following directory: C:\Users\Georg\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons",

and furthermore it says that 235Mb space are required (see my screenshots with the first post this morning; this seems to be only very few space,

as the downloaded zip-file was 3,5 GB big, but I think other parts of the addon will be installed anywhere else).

Although I normally install to C:\Prepar3D4\Addon Scenery (nearly all my addons are installed here) I leave the path unchanged according to the installer's proposal !

C:\ is a 1TB-HHD of M2-type with currently 433 GB free space - definitely more than enough.

3) I click "Next to continue".

"Confirmation: You are now ready to install FSDG-Greenland Nuuk" and

"This program will install FSDG-Greenland Nuuk to C:\Users\Georg\Documents\Prepard3D v4 Addons

as stated above by the installation program.

I click "Start to install FSDG-Greenland Nuuk".

4) After about 75% of the installation bar the error again occurs .... see this morning's screenshot once more.

There's only the option to "... run this utility again to completely install FSDG-Greenland-Nuuk" and "Exit",

nothing like "continue anyway" or so.

5) Finally, there is NO entrance in the start menu and NO entrance in the "Windows Programme an Features". Probably no entrance in the registry. And no NUUK scenery within P3D4.

Well, this time I definitely did anything like the installer wanted me to do. The only thing I entered was my registration key, anything else was left unchanged.

The only chance I see is to try to unzip the original files on another computer, then copy them to my P3D-computer and try to manage the installation manually via the scenery manager of P3D which something is necessary anyway with less sofisticated addon software.

Nevertheless, thanks for trying to help me with your screenshots - I must admit: at your machine, everything seems to work according to plan.

If finally it doesn't work it's a pity, but I try my best to overcome the difficulties. The only thing I wonder is why I'm the only user with these problems......

Have a nice Sunday, and thanks again for your engagement.    Regards, Gero

Oh, I look at one of your screenshots: what is a FSDG Scenery Configurator? Never saw this before, not with Ayers Rock, Seychellen, Tromelin and Cape Verde.

Especially Seychelles, there are only some primitive huts and nothing else more..... Ayers Rock has a fence and an Australian Flag.... and Tromelin consists of sand.

And Cape Verde consists of many many green trees reducing my computers performance to about 1-2 fps (normally 15fps, but this is due to my old fashioned GTX980,

formerly the top Nvidia before the GTX1080 was established).

With all these FSDG addons, I always had the same installation problems, but finally they worked on a very low level (hardly more than the P3D4-original scenery...)   :-((

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think the root of your install problem is how you handle the extracted files. It is some kind of one folder in another, same like Seychelles. The reason is the size of the addon.

If that does not match, the installer can’t install the files, because it can’t find them.

Else:

https://forum.flightsimdevelopmentgroup.com/

Hallo Bob,

thanks for trying to help me. I tried to find help on the FSDG forum, but there's none - seems as if I'm alone with my installation problems on NUUK. There's even not the possibility to get registered at the FSDG forum, seems as if they don't let anyone in there.

In the meantime, I tried the variant of installing manually via "scenery configurator" after extracting the files anywhere else. This works halfway (or less): now the Scenery NUUK is included in P3D, but only with 3 huts and a lake flowing upwards on the hills in the background. From the pictures at the Aerosoft NUUK homepage, I see there should be something like a town, too - but in my case, there's nothing except the water bay.

So ... after hours, I give up now. FSDG and NUUK must fly without me.

Gero :-((

• Deputy Sheriffs

For Nuuk I have this folder structure:

The installer folder contains:
FSDG-Greenland_Nuuk_v1.1_P3Dv4.exe
and the folders: FSDG-Greenland Nuuk\FSDG-Greenland Nuuk\scenery     (yes, double structure!)

When installed it look like this:

The folder with the arrow contains the configurator.
Each folder contains an add-on.xml and is registered in one of the add-on.cfg files
Example:

Archived