zooming in around the cockpit using mouse wheel

GaryMcCl

everything else seems to work with my airbus a320, except I don't know how to get the mouse wheel to zoom in and out if I hold it down and roll it.  can anyone help here?

I don't know if it's a ChasePlane problem or not.

Gary

1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

everything else seems to work with my airbus a320, except I don't know how to get the mouse wheel to zoom in and out if I hold it down and roll it.  can anyone help here?

I don't know if it's a ChasePlane problem or not.

Gary

Did you check the documentation?

I have found the text below, but that works only while I have my hand on those keys.  As soon as I take off it flicks back to where it was.

First open it e. g. to become the active window. Then the following key combinations are available:
SPACE BAR + Mouse wheel - Zoom in or out

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Did you check the documentation?

I have now, and what I want isn't there.

I want to permanently zoom in or out until I make another move. 

If this is in the wrong forum can you move it, please?

As I say, that does work, but then it just flicks me back to where I was before.  This it not just a problem with an inside view, outside views can't be zoomed in on, either.

Remember?  I once explained to you how to search all PDF documents in a given folder at the same time?  Really comes in handy, and you could have searched the documentation for "mouse, wheel, or mouse wheel".   I don't use this commands myself though. not ever.

Just now, GaryMcCl said:

As I say, that does work, but then it just flicks me back to where I was before.  This it not just a problem with an inside view, outside views can't be zoomed in on, either.

Why don't you go through the P3D command list?   By "go through", I mean read them.  You'll find them in the sim.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Why don't you go through the P3D command list?   By "go through", I mean read them.  You'll find them in the sim.

That documentation did not make sense to me, and as I wrote I said which part of your recommendation hadn't helped.

It has been fixed using ChasePlane.

(Actually, not fixed, but it's better.)

Thanks

1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

That documentation did not make sense to me, and as I wrote I said which part of your recommendation hadn't helped.

It has been fixed using ChasePlane.

(Actually, not fixed, but it's better.)

Thanks

P3D Documentation?  What documentation, other than the SDK and I'm pretty sure you're not talking about this.

Please, for the love of Mike, tell me what doesn't make sense in the screen shot below, which is precisely where I directed you to in my last post when I said to look at the P3D command list.  You can even see that's what I use for zooming in and out as I told you.  All you had to do was start at the top of the list of key assignments (commands) and work your way down, and doing that will familiarize you with what other commands are available.  The flight sim world is your oyster my friend, you simply have to apply yourself and look at what's available to you.

Please login to display this image.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:25 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Please, for the love of Mike, tell me what doesn't make sense in the screen shot below, which is precisely where I directed you to in my last post when I said to look at the P3D command list.  You can even see that's what I use for zooming in and out as I told you.  All you had to do was start at the top of the list of key assignments (commands) and work your way down, and doing that will familiarize you with what other commands are available.  The flight sim world is your oyster my friend, you simply have to apply yourself and look at what's available to you.

I want to use 9 and 3 for zooming, and that post did not show that, and I can't change repeat column for the rows you have highlighted.  All i want to do now is use the numeric keys 3 and 9, and that seems to be be easier with ChasePlane. I'm surprised I need it and can't do just a zoom function.

If you showed me being able to change to a joystick, that would be good for the future. 

I'm sorry for being a bother, but those keys work now.

2 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

I want to use 9 and 3 for zooming, and that post did not show that, and I can't change repeat column for the rows you have highlighted.  All i want to do now is use the numeric keys 3 and 9, and that seems to be be easier with ChasePlane. I'm surprised I need it and can't do just a zoom function.

If you showed me being able to change to a joystick, that would be good for the future. 

I'm sorry for being a bother, but those keys work now.

Gary,

There is not repeat function for Keys, it's only for button (check my screen shot again).  Many flight simmers use joystick/yoke/controller buttons for zooming because it's so convenient where reaching for the keyboard usually requires a second hand and taking your eye off the sim.  If you wish to use CP for this then that's fine as well.

4 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

Changing a joystick is usually as simple as unplugging one joystick and plugging in the second one.

Archived