A318-A321 textures in v5

Hello.

Im aware that its tagged as "Experimental" but ive not seen this mentioned, the only thing mentioned are stability issues but this doesnt fit into that category. If i have missed something, sorry.

The question is if you are aware that the outside and vc textures of the whole family (besides A330) are not not working atm? The reflections seem to be corrupted. It can be seen already in the p3d preview window where all the normal reflection is missing.

Please login to display this image.

And inside the sim it is the very same, they show corrupted/not compatible.

Look at the light borders, they are not right. It should be smooth gradient until it fades out. Also the reflection of the material isnt right, neither are the colors of the texts. Sharpness is also weird.

And here its obvious i guess.

Every other aircraft i have works in this category, PBR and no PBR planes. That would be PMDG 747/8, Leonardo MD80, QW 787, A2A planes (Comanche for example), Flysimware Learjet and ALSO your A330. No issue on that one. See pics here.

Absolutely no problem with A330.

This happens on all liveries, your house liveries as well.

The only other plane where something nearly like this is happening is the Majestic Dash 8 when simply copied into v5. But that one is knowingly not compatible, so not really a wonder.

Win 2004

P3D v5 HF1

Nvidia RTX 2080 with latest windows 2004 ready drivers

Dyn reflections are on High in that pic. Or medium, not 100% sure but they are active. HDR on

3 hours ago, Amarant Fox said:

Hello.

Im aware that its tagged as "Experimental" but ive not seen this mentioned, the only thing mentioned are stability issues but this doesnt fit into that category. If i have missed something, sorry.

The question is if you are aware that the outside and vc textures of the whole family (besides A330) are not not working atm? The reflections seem to be corrupted. It can be seen already in the p3d preview window where all the normal reflection is missing.

And inside the sim it is the very same, they show corrupted/not compatible.

Look at the light borders, they are not right. It should be smooth gradient until it fades out. Also the reflection of the material isnt right, neither are the colors of the texts. Sharpness is also weird.

And here its obvious i guess.

Every other aircraft i have works in this category, PBR and no PBR planes. That would be PMDG 747/8, Leonardo MD80, QW 787, A2A planes (Comanche for example), Flysimware Learjet and ALSO your A330. No issue on that one. See pics here.

Absolutely no problem with A330.

This happens on all liveries, your house liveries as well.

The only other plane where something nearly like this is happening is the Majestic Dash 8 when simply copied into v5. But that one is knowingly not compatible, so not really a wonder.

Win 2004

P3D v5 HF1

Nvidia RTX 2080 with latest windows 2004 ready drivers

Dyn reflections are on High in that pic. Or medium, not 100% sure but they are active. HDR on

Have you tried deleting your Prepar3d.cfg file and P3D shaders?

Jup, at least twice. I will reinstall but since it happens on the 318 and the 320 installers I doubt it will change something. I can imagine one of them got corrupted somehow, but both, not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Amarant Fox!

I checked the "reflection" issue you described. Actually that is nothing really new. But its not the reflections, its a not correctly working shadowing algorithm which plagues Prepar3D material which got normal maps since generations.

Under certain lighting angles the sim doesn´t seems clearly to know if the surface shall cast shadows or not. As this is decided uniquely for each polygon, you get those hard edges shows. This is obvious for ALL aircraft that use normal/bump maps

and cannot be avoided as the error stems out of the sim itself. The only way would be to remove all normals maps, but then it falls back to "FS2004" looks, so also no way. However on PBR material this not happens. I also doubt that LM will invest

a lot of time on legacy shaders anymore as PBR is the standard nowadays. When the A320 exterior models are getting a full PBR update, this issue you described will be gone. But the rework is no trivial thing and will cost quite some time.

Check the A321 under different  lighting conditions. If you get a very flat angle of lighting to a certain polygon, you will get the flawed shadows... There is sadly nothing we can do about that now. The A330 however behaves correctly, as the PBR shaders

seems to use a different calculations process to process shadows on the polygons.

The helicopter is a default aircraft of Prepar3D V5 and also got the shadowing flaw. 

The floodlight issue for the A320 series is also processed. I will let you know of the results there later...

Hi Amarant Fox!

I checked on the RealLight issue in Prepar3D V5 and the plugin provider changed some interior parameters which we have to address now internally too. The update is worked on next week and soon there should be an update available for that too.

Hi Stefan, I think my problem is the same ... attached screenshots of the same plane, at the same airport and with the same textures, but one on P3Dv4 and one on P3Dv5

Otherwise the aircraft works perfectly after the HF2 installation

I hope to have that update announced soon ... thank you very much

J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928

Can you confirm the over reflective textures are down to an issue with RealLight?

Do you know if there is there a work around available in the short term?

This reflection issue is also apparent on other P3Dv5 products, so do you know if new textures will be required or is it waiting on a P3Dv5 update from LM?

Thanks for looking at this.

Gary

The RealLight issue (steppy floodlights on mainpanel) is solved and already pushed into the update pipeline. You can await it ready for download very soon.

The reflection/shadowing issue results with legacy (non PBR) shaders in Prepar3D V5. As the airbus series features legacy shaders still, there is nothing we can do about that currently.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 8/8/2020 at 8:07 PM, Juanjo said:

Still no solution for the reflection/shadowing issue  ???

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

No, we have to wait for P3Dv5.1, if there will be a fix of the legacy shaders.

• 2 months later...

I have downloaded and installed the new versión of P3DV5.1 and the problem is still there.

I don´t know if I have to do anything more after the installation  .... can you help me please ???

May be that LM has not solved this problem in V5.1 ???

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Thank you very much Mathijs, it is a pity that LM did not make that change.

But what surprises me is that only I am asking about this problem ... is that the rest of the users of A318-A321 and P3D v5 do not have it or have they solved it in some way? .... and in that case, how to do it ????

Again, thank you very much.

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

On 10/30/2020 at 6:35 AM, Juanjo said:

But what surprises me is that only I am asking about this problem ... is that the rest of the users of A318-A321 and P3D v5 do not have it or have they solved it in some way? ....

I was going to post the same thing when i tried out the Airbus in v5 as it's the same with me but I got used too it as I thought it was some kind of compatibility issue with the textures ...ive kind of got round it by using no dynamic reflections but rest assured you're not the only one :)  

• 4 weeks later...

Today I have updated the buses to version 1.4.1.2 through the Aerosoft Updater application and by making this update the RealLight and TrueGlass programs have been updated for each aircraft.

I hoped that this installation would solve the problems that have motivated this Forum topic but I observe that everything continues the same.

After that update and with the new TrueGlass and RealLight programs, is there something I should do to solve the problem ???

If the answer is negative ... why does Aerosoft update these programs in version 1.4.1.2 if they do not solve anything?

Thanks a lot

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Prepar3D V5.1.12.26829 and in addition to the reflections issue shown in the screenshots above, on some repaints it looks like the aircraft needs an urgent repaint (like the one below). Is this the same issue, just caused by a different repaint technique?  It happens with EA turned on or off.

Are PBR exteriors currently being developed for the A318-A321 Professional series, or is all the effort currently on MSFS development? I appreciate you've got limited resources, so just want to know if I should post this on the LM forums and ask that the legacy shaders get fixed up, or hang in there for the PBR release.

• Deputy Sheriffs
24 minutes ago, Ferno said:

I'm running Prepar3D V5.1.12.26829 and in addition to the reflections issue shown in the screenshots above, on some repaints it looks like the aircraft needs an urgent repaint (like the one below). Is this the same issue, just caused by a different repaint technique?  It happens with EA turned on or off.

Are PBR exteriors currently being developed for the A318-A321 Professional series, or is all the effort currently on MSFS development? I appreciate you've got limited resources, so just want to know if I should post this on the LM forums and ask that the legacy shaders get fixed up, or hang in there for the PBR release.

Nothing in development.

Is all correct installed. If that is an old livery (non pro) you adjusted all correct? Set the correct fallback folders in the texture.cfg?

Is all correct installed. If that is an old livery (non pro) you adjusted all correct? Set the correct fallback folders in the texture.cfg?

Thanks for the response @masterhawk. Yeah everything seems to be correct with that texture folder eg. fallback folders in texture.cfg, using AIRBUSX_VC_PREPARV4_MAINPANEL_C.dds and the correct model defined in the aircraft.cfg file. The 'stripped paint' effect only happens on a few repaints, so not a big issue really.

• 2 weeks later...

So this striped paint effect is happening on all of my default liveries (on the A319/A318 only). On a fresh install.

Just to confirm, this is an issue with P3D so I must wait until they fix it?

Sadly I don't see this striped paint effect in V5 with the latest HF installed, ... this repaint is from the Aerosoft  download site. All I did have to do was remove the VC file as the shadows looked odd in the VC so it's using the default VC textures, it displays fine on the outside, but it may look a little dull due to the refection issues as noticed above, I've come to live with it thou and turn off dynamic refections.

Rich

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Sadly I don't see this striped paint effect in V5 with the latest HF installed, ... this repaint is from the Aerosoft  download site. All I did have to do was remove the VC file as the shadows looked odd in the VC so it's using the default VC textures, it displays fine on the outside, but it may look a little dull due to the refection issues as noticed above, I've come to live with it thou and turn off dynamic refections.

Rich

Regarding VC, check this:

So a little update.

I went and downloaded the BA BEA A319 just to make sure I was comparing everything the same.

And I was still getting the stripped paint look.

I did a little more testing and it appears to only show up when I have Enhanced Atmospherics on. Perhaps I missed the post about how I should turn that off.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, mr.ocjr said:

So a little update.

I went and downloaded the BA BEA A319 just to make sure I was comparing everything the same.

And I was still getting the stripped paint look.

I did a little more testing and it appears to only show up when I have Enhanced Atmospherics on. Perhaps I missed the post about how I should turn that off.

One proof more. LM is doing things with their shaders and don’t care about legacy stuff.

Currently there is no plan to adapt the reflection model soon. As long as LM is changing their stuff we can’t adapt everything. We have to wait until everything settle on LM side.

Archived