EDDF installed but does not show in Scenery Library

Hello. I just downloaded and installed LSZH with no issues. I then installed EDDF. Both for P3DV5. However, EDDF does not show up in the scenery library. When looking at the aerosoft folder I see both my LSZH and EDDF folders. I have noticed no EDDF config tool in the folder. Thoughts on why it does not show installed in scenery library?

Thanks,

This is where it is installed by default and the name of the folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt Professional V5

In this folder, there are the following folders.

effects

Scenery

Texture

add-on.xml

Manual.pdf

Product.cfg

readme.txt.

I re-downloaded from Sim Market, uninstalled the original install, reinstalled and still the same folder and file layout.

Thanks for your help!

• Developer

Ok, maybe you check the log of your virus protection (Windows defender), if has a fault detection regarding the tool.

But, the main issue is, that you select the Program files (x86) folder as the destination for the Installation path (maybe for a Aerosoft Addon you installed before, here Zuerich, this is saved for any later installed Aerosoft V5 Addon).

The Program Files (x86) folder is controlled by Windows UAC (User Access Control) and protected by Windows. When you don‘t run the Installer „As Administrator“ this can result in this issues.

So, please deinstall again the Frankfurt Addon and run the installer again, when the Install Path is ask, use the Button behind to select a drive on you PC with he most space and create for example a Directory D:\P3D-V5 Addons\Aerosoft and use this for the install of Aerosoft Addons in Future. 
As long as your Virus Protection is not to simple to mean the Configtool is critical, Windows UAC will not generate any issues you will have now with the Program Files folder you use.

And a tip beside: Also never use this default path to install the Sim in this directory, better select a Folder <drive>:\P3Dv5 as Install path for the Sim, that protect you for many other issues.

The interesting part was that was the default folder selected for Aerosoft addons. I also always run installation as ADMIN. LSZH worked fine when I downloaded it and installed it there. I tried what you stated and set up a new P3DADDON folder on the same SSD drive as P3D. This time it worked. However, this is the first time I saw a Virus Warning pop up. I added this new addon folder as an exclusion and it worked the 2nd time I ran  the install.

Thanks,

• Developer

Fine, some Virus Protection tools have a very simple Malware detection code. They simple search for bit combis. I wrote the tools for many addons, have McAfee on my pc, never get any warnings as most users too. But, this config tool has many png‘s inside to display the option areas and this is 99% data of the tool which maybe have a combi of bits, somewhere on the world is identical with bits of malware. It is simple a true/false called warning of some protections we not yet can isolate. This happens.

So, maybe you should uninstall Zurich as well, rerun the Installer should now offer you the same folder as you use for Frankfurt and protect you for issus, you can have with the configtools of Zurich (not mine) in future.

Have fun.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived