ifly 747 panel lights not workingh

Huascar

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, contact iFly. Aerosoft is only the retailer. Here's a link to their forum.

BTW, did you faithfully follow the detailed instructions they provided in this link? The intro makes it sound like it just applies to FS2004 (remember that one?) but read on and you'll see it's still sound advice to any installation to any sim.

I contacted Ifly as suggested. They then referred me to Flight1 for support. I contacted Flight1 for support and they’re asking me for a Flight1 purchase number. This is so frustrating. One you download a product and install it, the product should work perfectly, but instead you find a lot of defective products and getting support becomes a challenge. I will not waste no time trying to fix something as simple as an autopilot. Why shouldn’t I reach out to my credit card company to report this as a product not delivered?

4 hours ago, Huascar said:

I contacted Ifly as suggested. They then referred me to Flight1 for support. I contacted Flight1 for support and they’re asking me for a Flight1 purchase number. This is so frustrating. One you download a product and install it, the product should work perfectly, but instead you find a lot of defective products and getting support becomes a challenge. I will not waste no time trying to fix something as simple as an autopilot. Why shouldn’t I reach out to my credit card company to report this as a product not delivered?

I'm sure you feel like you've gotten the run around, but I assure you that's not the case.  It's more you finding where to obtain the support you need.  Here at Aerosoft we did not create the product, we are not familiar with it's coding or product history so there really isn't much we can do to assist you.  The amount that we make from the sale is very, very little and one of the reasons for that is because we don't provide technical support for the product.

Ifly uses Flight1 and while I'm not privy to their contract arrangements it appears that Flight1 has agreed contractually to provide support for the iFly products.  That is why you were sent to Flight1, so even though it took you a few tries to get to the correct source for assistance, you ended up at the correct place.  By the way, I checked the Flight1 website and they made it clear there that support for this product is in their iFly forums.

Anyway, what I would do is put in a support ticket with Flight1 and see how that works out.

Hang in there my friend.

Best wishes.

1 minute ago, Huascar said:

Thank you. I really appreciate the clarification.

You are most welcome.  I've been a flight simmer for 4 decades now and I've been right where you are, so believe me I'm absolutely with you in spirit my friend.  When you get time, would you kindly let me know how you made out with this?  I'd very much like to track this one.

Best wishes.

Archived