Getting back to profile

Granman

Hello,

I'm fairly new to your product and you helped explain something to me earlier and I appreciate that. My question now is, once I create a profile and assign scenery, etc. to it, how do I get back to the profile I like now which is sort of my default?

Do I run the Profile for the new one I set up, then when I close the simulator, open NG again and choose Run Profile 1?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Marc

• Developer

Hi Marc,

thanks for comming back again. If I get you right (I am not english native) you are asking how to get back to "Profile" that is in the state before using SIMstarter and applying other profiles (which changes settings on your sim). The answer is, there is no real need to do that and no standard way.

If you deactivate and activate setttings, SIMstarter does only change the "Active=FALSE/TRUE" setting in the config files. This is different on the "SimConfig Set". Here we have a "Master/Slave" logic. Meaning the "Master ConfigSet" is the copy of your prepar3D.cfg and if you want to leave this untouched you could create a new ConfigSet which contains all your changes. If you would run your "Master ConfigSet" - all prepar3d.cfg settings are back to "your default".

Hope that answers your question. If you don't have - please take your time and walk trough the manual. I tried to document a lot which should explain the logic.

Do you know the YouTube Video?

That was the answer I was looking for, especially in your second paragraph about the Master ConfigSet. I have watched the video several times and it was helpful too.

Thank you sir.

Marc

Archived