If you AS Updater crashes....

• Aerosoft

.... it could be because in some of the config files there is an error. You find these files in the C:\Users\username\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products folder. 

They should look like this:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! AEROSOFT SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU DO! -->
<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional" Platform="P3D5" AUID="as_a318_a319_prof_p3dv5" UseAddonXML="1" AddonName="C:\Users\name\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5">
  <Version Installed="1.4.0.1" />
    </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

But in some there could be a few characters that should not be there:

d»z<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! AEROSOFT SUPPORT WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU DO! -->
<ASUpdater>
  <ProductData Name="Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional" Platform="P3D5" AUID="as_a318_a319_prof_p3dv5" UseAddonXML="1" AddonName="C:\Users\nameDocuments\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5">
  <Version Installed="1.4.0.1" />
    </ProductData>
</ASUpdater>

You can open these XML files with any text editor (but not MS WORD or something!) 

See the four first characters? If you see those, delete them and the problem should be solved (ignore the  DO NOT MODIFY text for a moment, lol)

All updaters have been changed to fix this

Hello Mathijs,

I tried the fix above regarding the AS Updater. But P3D Version 5 is still crashing as soon as I load either the Aerosoft A-318 or A-319.

My System Spec are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Processor (16x 3.5GHZ/64MB L3 Cache)
Memory: 128 GB [32 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - G.SKILL Trident Z (RGB LED)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI - 11GB GDDR6 - GIGABYTE GAMING OC (VR-Ready)

Can you help me?

Regards, 

Jaime

After installing brand new Reggio Calabria Professional on P3D v5 (the only Aerosoft addon installed at the moment, due to a complete format and update), when I open the Aerosoft Updater, it does a self update.

Installed version 1.5.0.2. 

When opening I receive the error "Aerosoft Updater Product folder not found, C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products!"

Looking into the patch described, I found the XML file, and it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! -->
<ASUpdater Installed="1.5.0.2" />

If I modify the first character, as suggested, none is changing.

It seems something strange that LICR scenery isn't in the list.

Another info: I have installed LICR scenery not in the suggested path (C:\Addons P3d v5 or something similar), but in my addons dedicated drive E:.

Thank you

Matteo.

• Developer

It works fine here as far as I can see.

Can you send me the following file please: "C:\Users\<your_username>\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\as_reggio-calabria-prof_p3dv5.xml"

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/12/2020 at 12:41 AM, boriquadelbronx@hotmail.co said:

Hello Mathijs,

I tried the fix above regarding the AS Updater. But P3D Version 5 is still crashing as soon as I load either the Aerosoft A-318 or A-319.

My System Spec are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Processor (16x 3.5GHZ/64MB L3 Cache)
Memory: 128 GB [32 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - G.SKILL Trident Z (RGB LED)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI - 11GB GDDR6 - GIGABYTE GAMING OC (VR-Ready)

Can you help me?

Regards, 

Jaime

That is a total different problem. Please open your own topic in Airbus support forum.

I have the same problem! Verified files and no extra characters. Never worked this updater on my P3D, FSX without problem! But it was fine for me … till today, when for the first time I had a problem with my CRJ prof. I don't know whats happened … and now I need this updater … I can't find any solution … and I'm not a newcomer in the world of simulations …  

In fact, I have no "products" folder inside the path you have wrote.

The installation log for Reggio Calabria shows all files and keys created successfully, also the ones for ASUpdater.

I repeat, actually I have only Reggio Calabria as Aerosoft's product installed.

Thank you

Homer

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/13/2020 at 12:57 PM, Homer1977 said:

When opening I receive the error "Aerosoft Updater Product folder not found, C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products!"

Are you logging in with the username "Admin"?

And please run the attached tool and post the output here

ASVersionInfo.zip

Thanks @mopperle

Yes, my username on the RIG is Admin. And is the only one user configured.

It's an administrator account. I have UAC turned off and no AV installed (Windows Defender is disabled by policy).

I will do this evening.

Homer

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, thought that you documents folder might be inked to OneDrive, which is not the case. As I do not use P3Dv5 I cant comment further. So either you wait till somebody else jumps in here, or you open a ticket at support@aerosoft.com.

• Developer

No worries, Otto. I do not use P3Dv4.5, so I can take over :D

@Homer1977 can you please zip up the files from C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs and C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products and post them here, so I can see, what's wrong?

• Developer

Then we know what the problem is. Without a products folder, you won't see any products in the updater.

Do you have any other recent Aerosoft products except Reggio Calabria? I'm asking because almost every installer that was built in the past 12 months or so installs the Updater as well and each should create the Products folder if it doesn't exist.

Also, please try the following steps:

Uninstall Reggio Calabria

Deactivate any anti-virus software

Run the Reggio installer as Administrator (shouldn't be necessary as it asks for elevated rights anyway, so just to be 100% sure)

Check, if you have a products folder now.

Hi @Hans Hartmann

Just to be clear:

-Actually I have installed only Reggio Calabria. My system is a new installation (Win 10 2004), and I'm waiting for HF2 (out yesterday) to install all my other Aerosoft's products (Airbus collection and many airports).

-I have no antivirus in my PC. It's a sim only dedicated PC.

-Also Windows Defender is disable via policy.

-Reggio Calabria is installed as administrator, and my account is administrator. UAC is turned off.

I will try to uninstall and reinstall the scenery.

Thank you

Homer

• Developer

I just tried it myself. It's seems that the Reggio Calabria installer doesn't create the Products folder if it doesn't exist. As a result writing the as-reggio-calabria-prof_v5.xml fails.

This only happens when you don't have any other products installed that support the Updater.

I forwarded this to the installer people at Aerosoft and asked them to fix it.

In the meantime, you can place the attached Products folder into <Documents>\Aerosoft\ASUpdater as a workaround so you can use the Updater to get the update to version 1.0.0.1

Products.zip

• Developer

No problem. Uninstalling and reinstalling wouldn't have helped (yet). The guys at Aerosoft need to fix and upload the installer first 😉

Great that it works now for you 🙂

Archived