A330 managed RNAV approach not controlling vertical profile

AMJBecker

I had several successful managed RNAV approaches on an A319 to EDDH runway 33. Doing the same with A330 failed. FMS did not control the vertical profile properly. V/DEV is correctly displayed on PFD and MCDU PROG page. 

I saved the flight before final approach. See attached files. In order to be sure that I haven't made a relevant mistake, I performed the same flight on the A319, which worked fine as expected. The saved flight files are also attached.

I'm on Prepar3D 4.5 (4.5.13.32097), the A319 is release 1.3.1.0, the A330 is release 1.0.2.0.

Training A319 EDDL 23L EDDH 33 RNAV approach.abx training a319 eddl 23l eddh 33 rnav approach.asc training a319 eddl 23l eddh 33 rnav approach.fms Training A319 EDDL 23L EDDH 33 RNAV approach.fxml Training A319 EDDL 23L EDDH 33 RNAV approach.wx Training A330 EDDL 23L EDDH 33 RNAV approach.abx training a330 eddl 23l eddh 33 rnav approach.asc training a330 eddl 23l eddh 33 rnav approach.fms Training A330 EDDL 23L EDDH 33 RNAV approach.fxml Training A330 EDDL 23L EDDH 33 RNAV approach.wx

Today I performed a different NPA, a NDB approach to EDDH runway 05 with A330 aircraft, which was fine as far as the control of the sink rate is concerned. This means that the issue raised above is RNAV specific, not a general NPA issue. 

I had a look at the RNAV 07 into YSSY (Sydney).

The V DEV indications were correct at intercept but the FMA's were not.

Selected FPA required to fly the VDEV, FINAL APP did not capture until passing the final approach fix (SSYWF) at around 1330', at which point it flew the VDEV.

This is not how it works in the real world.

I flew the EDDL 23L RNAV and it performed correctly from 300' at METMA.

Archived