Drop of FPS with Professional busses

Josef06

Hello,

I already startet a topic a few days ago (here). Unfortunately the previous one is already closed. I thought that the problem was solved but this was just temporarely.

Problem

As written in the first topic I had a good framerate of around 60 fps with all aircrafts in P3Dv5. Now the framerate is sometimes as usual and sometimes below 15 with an Aerosoft bus (A318-A321, A330). It was good on Thursday, bad on Friday and Sunday, good on Monday and bad again today. I haven't changed anything actively.

When changing to outside view the FPS are around 3. When changing back into VC-View the framerate is worse than before changing to the outside view (around 8 fps).
All other aircraft (default or addon like Majestic Dash 8, Carenado BE58) work perfektly fine.

3rd Party Addons

It is not related to Active Sky or GSX -> occures as well when deactivated

Other Addons are: Orbx Global Base and openLC Europe.

Previews Troubleshooting

I now fully reinstalled the Aerosoft busses (latest releases) as recommended with no effect.

Restarting the computer or simulation doesn't help.

Hardware

I doubt, that it is a hardware problem:

• Intel Core i7 9700F 8x 3.0GHz
  • 16GB DDR4-RAM PC-3200
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX2070S 8GB
  • CPU around 15%
  • GPU around 10%

Currently the Aerosoft busses are not really flyable.

Thanks for any (helpful) reply.

Kind regards

19 minutes ago, Josef06 said:

Hello,

I already startet a topic a few days ago (here). Unfortunately the previous one is already closed. I thought that the problem was solved but this was just temporarely.

Problem

As written in the first topic I had a good framerate of around 60 fps with all aircrafts in P3Dv5. Now the framerate is sometimes as usual and sometimes below 15 with an Aerosoft bus (A318-A321, A330). It was good on Thursday, bad on Friday and Sunday, good on Monday and bad again today. I haven't changed anything actively.

When changing to outside view the FPS are around 3. When changing back into VC-View the framerate is worse than before changing to the outside view (around 8 fps).
All other aircraft (default or addon like Majestic Dash 8, Carenado BE58) work perfektly fine.

3rd Party Addons

It is not related to Active Sky or GSX -> occures as well when deactivated

Other Addons are: Orbx Global Base and openLC Europe.

Previews Troubleshooting

I now fully reinstalled the Aerosoft busses (latest releases) as recommended with no effect.

Restarting the computer or simulation doesn't help.

Hardware

I doubt, that it is a hardware problem:

• Intel Core i7 9700F 8x 3.0GHz
  • 16GB DDR4-RAM PC-3200
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX2070S 8GB
  • CPU around 15%
  • GPU around 10%

Currently the Aerosoft busses are not really flyable.

Thanks for any (helpful) reply.

Kind regards

Sorry to hear you're having issues.  The low frame rates is almost always an indication that double entries exist in the Add-on.cfg file(s), usually caused by someone uninstalling the airbus and reinstalling without following this procedure.

Check your add-on.cfg files for dupliate entries and move them,  being careful to maintain sequential numerical entries for the addons.

If you'd like to read more about this, please see the post HERE, which covers several things including the add-on.xml and add-oncfg files.

Best wishes.

vor 3 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Sorry to hear you're having issues.  The low frame rates is almost always an indication that double entries exist in the Add-on.cfg file(s), usually caused by someone uninstalling the airbus and reinstalling without following this procedure.

Check your add-on.cfg files for dupliate entries and move them,  being careful to maintain sequential numerical entries for the addons.

If you'd like to read more about this, please see the post HERE, which covers several things including the add-on.xml and add-oncfg files.

Best wishes.

Hello Dave,

thanks for the prompt answer.

As written in my post, I followed the reinstallation procedure when reinstalling. I even reinstalled starting with the little ones (A318/319).

I will screen through my add-on.cfg later today and will report any changes.

Kind regards

17 minutes ago, Josef06 said:

Hello Dave,

As written in my post, I followed the reinstallation procedure when reinstalling. I even reinstalled starting with the little ones (A318/319).

Kind regards

I understand, just passing along what we see most often.

vor 2 Stunden , Josef06 sagte:

Hello Dave,

Kind regards

Hello

unfortunately there was no entry doubled.

I moved the Aersosoft-entries from one .cfg-file to the other (resulted in 0.2 fps) and then back again. Surprisingly I have full 60 fps now. No idea why...

Will test tonight and tomorrow and will report here if ist stays as it should

kind regards

vor 12 Stunden , Josef06 sagte:

Hello

unfortunately there was no entry doubled.

I moved the Aersosoft-entries from one .cfg-file to the other (resulted in 0.2 fps) and then back again. Surprisingly I have full 60 fps now. No idea why...

Will test tonight and tomorrow and will report here if ist stays as it should

kind regards

back to low fps. any other solution?

an addition which I am not sure if it is normal or probably helps:

When starting the Sim in VC I have around 12 fps. It remains stable at this value. When I change to outside view it drops to 4 fps and when changing back to VC it is significant lower than before changing the view at around 8 fps.

Those values are stable even during long flights.

kind regards

vor 1 minute, Mathijs Kok sagte:

As it was okay, something simply MUST have changed, software does not rewrite itself.

that is correct. The simple and hard question is: what?

Later I will try to delete the shaders folder. probably there is the problem hidden somewhere...

no idea if it helps but it's worth a try

is it normal that the frames are better in VC than in outside view?

kind regards

vor 5 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Could be, but the only good way to test that is over de deep ocean to avoid influence of scenery.

Hey Mathijs,

luckily I am over the Atlantic with the A330 right now.

Had 12 fps in VC since departure.

Changed to outside view.

Top Down: 12 fps

Spot: 4 fps

Back in the VC: 7 fps

gonna be a bumpy approach

kind regards

Archived