TO inhibit, LDG inhibit message

Hi all, I do not know if this is the correct section for this question, but since I started using the Airbusses in P3Dv5 (v1.4.0.1), I always get the purple "TO inhibit" message in the central screen as soon as I advance the throttles to the take off position. No warning sound or something else. Now, what is puzzling to me: I did all my flights 100% using the checklist and the active co-pilot, so I wonder what went missing? Furthermore, the "LDG inihibit" purple message shows up just before every landing I did so far, and again I wonder what I am missing?

I know, this is almost impossible to solve via forums, but maybe someone could shed some light on the conditions that must be met for this message not to show (or the opposite). Then I might figure out why it always shows up, although the checklist goes through without any error.

BTW: of course I have a flightplan active, have all information entered correctly and for the landing, the destination data is also entered correctly. I would say I do exactly as I did regularly in v4.5, where this purple "inhibit" messages never showed up. Might be something "new" I constantly forget to fill out? Thanks for any hint,

Regards

Chris

This is a normal ECAM message during take-off and landing. It's just telling you that certain cautions and warnings are being suppressed during these critical phases of flight.

From FCOM:

TO AND LDG MEMOS

During the takeoff and landing phases, the right side of the memo area displays specific TO INHIBIT or LDG INHIBIT (magenta) memos. 

To improve its operational efficacy, the computer inhibits some warnings and cautions for certain flight phases. It does so to avoid alerting the pilots unnecessarily at times when they have high workloads, such as during takeoff or landing. In these two phases, the DU displays magenta memos : “T.O. INHIBIT” (flight phases 3, 4, and 5), and “LDG INHIBIT” (flight phases 7 and 8). Note: These flight phases are different from and independent of the ones that the FMGC uses.

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, Polo said:

From FCOM:

TO AND LDG MEMOS

During the takeoff and landing phases, the right side of the memo area displays specific TO INHIBIT or LDG INHIBIT (magenta) memos. 

To improve its operational efficacy, the computer inhibits some warnings and cautions for certain flight phases. It does so to avoid alerting the pilots unnecessarily at times when they have high workloads, such as during takeoff or landing. In these two phases, the DU displays magenta memos : “T.O. INHIBIT” (flight phases 3, 4, and 5), and “LDG INHIBIT” (flight phases 7 and 8). Note: These flight phases are different from and independent of the ones that the FMGC uses.

Please login to display this image.

Nicely done my friend.

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived