A330 WX Enabled causing extreme lag

RhysCPFC

So i had been noticing in my airbus a330 in prepar3d v5 that as the flight went on the fps was gradually getting worse until it became unusable and i was wracking my brain trying to figure out the cause when the weather, (ASP3D) reloaded and the FPS dipped even further, i decided to turn of my WX and suddenly my FPS was back to normal, here is a video providing evidence of this (my FPS is in the top right although you dont exaclty need it to see the difference). I assume this is something to do with either enhanced atmospherics or the new version of active sky being used; if you could address this in a patch then that would be great, thanks!

Please login to view this video.

Are you able to reproduce this? Which weather engine did you use?

If you're using ASP3D please tell us an exact time and location when you see this so that we can try to replicate it.

• 3 weeks later...

yes i did this twice to test actually, like i said my fps was gradually getting worse throughout the flight, it was from VHHH to RKSI, i was above taiwan when it happened both times, the second time it happened in the exact same place on a different day (not the same weather) then when i reached korea it once again dropped to unusable levels so i ended up just quitting there that time, i have not tried again since HF2 is out but if i do i will let you know

exact time was june 7th around 1am but like i said it didnt seem to matter as far as i could see

Archived