Bratislava M.R.Stefanik Airport - LZIB, Slovakia для P3DV4+ and V5

Pavel is great that you managed to get a photo, at least you have an idea of what it currently looks like there. what is your plan as far as the airport area is concerned, how big an area will be part of the scenery?

Now I can say that I am building the Bratislava airport.
Yes, this is Letisko M. R. Stefanika ;) 

P.S.

The entire airport.
Aerial photographs cover the entire city.
I want to build the tallest building in Bratislava, the Bratislava Castle, and several bridges.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1

I started working with gateways A - D.
I want to open gateways A and C. As far as I suppose, a staircase leads from the first floor to the second floor and then an exit to the passenger terminal building along the airlock.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

• Like 1

I don't know what you mean, but what is in the picture is the transition between departure gates A to D (terminal for flights to Schengen countries) and departure gates E to G (terminal for flights outside Schengen countries). I'm attaching a photo, maybe it will help you.

Good morning everyone!
Thanks for the photo Rastislav.
I meant that I want to make the doors open in gateways A and C. Inside these two gates, make a staircase and place animated people.

Actually, this idea is embodied in the model.
Why did I decide to do it this way.
At first, I wanted to make a minimal interior for the passenger terminal. When I was making a model of the terminal, I noticed that the front part that goes to the aircraft parking is closed with protective shutters.
I don't think anyone will look inside the passenger terminal. When doing the interior, I will increase the number of polygons. I use the saved polygons on the interior when creating a more detailed apron where the planes are.
In front of the passenger terminal building, there will be a monument to Stefan Banic, the founder of parachutes.

• Like 1

Thank you!
I think Bratislava will be much better than Kosice and Poprad :)
Next year, I will fix a lot in updates in two previous projects.

When I work, I turn on Czech or Slovak radio stations and listen to music. It helps in the work :)
I used to have records with Karel Gott. I was born in the 70s of the last century. Listening to Karel Gott I'm going back to my youth :)

It remains to make one more service building, which also enters the passenger terminal building from the side through the gateway, and you can prepare texture maps and export. Perhaps this set of buildings is one of the most complexes in the Bratislava project. All others are

• Like 1

Thanks, Jano!
Perhaps it's time to check if I have forgotten anything and export. But export will be already tomorrow, with fresh forces

• Like 1

After active work, you feel tired as from a gym :)

The next step is to install lighting masts, then roads, and parking lots around the passenger terminal.
Next - work on hangars and adjacent 

• Like 1

I set up aircraft stands. An occupation that I do not really like to do, but which needs to be done.

I have come to the conclusion that there will be no static aircraft models on apron. There will be several models of statics Tu-154 near the farthest hangar. There is no movement there, Tu are in the "iron" row and are no longer used.

• Like 1

Lighting masts are installed, afcad for both versions of P3D made, about 40 aircraft stands, and two helipads.
Dynamic lighting, night textures will be a little later.

• Like 1

I was asked what kind of building I want to make at the airport. I replied that everything. For understanding, I give the first screenshot in which I highlighted in blue the area on which the buildings that I want to make are located. There are quite a few of them: several hangars, service buildings, on the fly, there are about 20 of them.
I watched several scenarios, I was interested in the implementation of the territory in front of the passenger terminal, from the city side. In some scenarios, the area from the city side is quite simple. Sometimes they get by with an aerial photograph.

There are scenarios where this territory is implemented in more detail. I decided to choose a more detailed implementation concept.
It takes some tinkering, but it's worth it. All markings are drawn on the asphalt texture. There will also be concrete slabs with markings.
So far, this is only a layout. I needed the terminal buildings for binding, the original buildings file was saved under a different name, of course, only the road will be exported.

• Like 1

I gradually get out onto the central road leading to the airport. The hardest part at this stage is over, but there is enough work :)

There will of course be billboards, seating benches, flowers in flower beds, static cars and buses, some of which will move.

• Like 1

I did one of many mock tests tonight to make sure everything is in place. In addition, I installed layouts of several hangars and buildings. It was also necessary to make sure that they are located correctly relative to the surrounding objects.
In principle, I am satisfied, everything is fine :)
Another news, next week I will be ordering aerial photographs, so the picture from the sky should be even better :)

• Like 1

Hi Pavel, I see that you are working hard.  I'm glad you're building the detailed surroundings of the airport.  The moss is at the end of the year and LZIB is available for download.  I believe there is still a lot of work on the project, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.🤞

Hi Rastislav and good morning everyone!

In principle, I believe that more than half of the work on the Bratislava project has already been done. The runway coverage, apron turned out not bad, the markings, in my opinion, were also successful. It's good that I noticed in one of the photos that the markup has changed and began to raise this issue, to study it deeper. 
ILS / DME, LOC, runway lighting, taxiways, ALS, flashing lights on both runways, locators, small outbuildings are also completed. Partially arranged forest plantations.

The buildings at the airport, which in my opinion were the most complex in the project, have already been made. This is the control tower and the complex of buildings, which includes the passenger terminal, also made.

Yes, there is still a lot of work, but this is the completion. Hangars and buildings that go from the building Aviation Department of the Ministry of the Interior of the Slovak Republic towards runway 04.

These buildings will take two to three weeks to complete. Then will need to arrange trees, grass, static cars, make car animations (I finally figured out how to do animation in 3ds Max). 

I will ask Christian to "revive" people for LZIB. He does it great!

I have been working on the project LZIB for three months. On average, work takes 8-9 hours a day.

It so happened that this is my main job now :) Having retired after working in the police, I could not "find myself" for a long time, I did not know what to do. Love for aviation was realized in the creation of airports for flight simulators :)

Less than two years ago, I didn't have the slightest idea about Sketchup, 3ds Max, SDK or any other scenery creation software.

So such things :)

I think Bratislava will be released by the end of this year or, in extreme cases, will be at the final stage.

• Like 1

Thank you, Rastislav!

Well, that's all with this part of the work. It remains to put dirt in some places, but this is already tomorrow, and perhaps from tomorrow we will continue the buildings.

All buildings related to the airport and adjacent buildings will be executed in this style, including: "Skyport;" ReMax Courier Service Ltd. ";" Dopravný úrad SR "and others.
With the guys from Slovakia who are related to the airport, I will ask for advise from them what textures to make for me for static planes. Among them will be the Fokker 100 and Tu-154. They will stand near the hangars.
The hangar, which is located near parking lots 14 - 15, will also be open.