FS Map Problems for USA

scand

I have encountered thus far two major Problems.

1] Even though charts have the required proper EXT. and were created PRIOR to FS MAPS released, they probably won't be compatible. The same goes with running FS2002 Aircraft in FS9 [FS2004] The file EXT's are the same but most won't work!

2] As stated in the manual on page 35 the istallation of the guage does not fuction properly. In the past I either have used the payware FS PANEL STUDIO to install similar type gauges or have used the software author's version of the SIE installer. Your method shows up while on the desktop being installed but in the actual Simulator it shows nothing.

However, FS 2004 shows that the FSMAP is running but that is all it shows.

FSUPIC is up to date along with the necessary Programs needed to run MSFS

Just to inform you!

Thanks!

ALEX

Nashville TN USA

1. Can you explain this again. I currently don't understand what the problem is.

2. Panel Studio can be used, but it can not add/edit the special properties for the gauge. That's why we have our own installer. So you say you have installed the gauge, but you can't see it. Is this correct? If so, can you please send me on of those panel.cfg files, where you have added the gauge.

Thanks

Thomas

Thomas,

Basicallily the guage you are using is way out of date and won't work in FS2004. It is a Fs 98 Guage. FS2004 wont use it that is why it only shows up on FSMAP Desktop and not in FS2004 Panels!

You may want to use an updated Panel Software to create your guage. The FS MAP Chart files I am still working on.

It may become necessary for you to create the charts for your program ustilizing updated software!

Thanks!

Alex S

Sorry, but the FSMap Gauge is not a FS98 Gauge. It has been developed with the latest FSX SDKs using the latest MS SimConnect technology and is still backward compatible with FS2004 and FS2002. And what do you mean with Panel Software? FSMap has been coded in C++ and no other tools except for Photoshop have been used to create the gauge.

Thomas

• Aerosoft
Thomas,

Basicallily the guage you are using is way out of date and won't work in FS2004. It is a Fs 98 Guage. FS2004 wont use it that is why it only shows up on FSMAP Desktop and not in FS2004 Panels!

You may want to use an updated Panel Software to create your guage. The FS MAP Chart files I am still working on.

It may become necessary for you to create the charts for your program ustilizing updated software!

Thanks!

Alex S

Alex, we got now a close to a thousand users who have seen it running on a FS2004 system. This is not an FS98 gauge in any way, it fully FSX, with sections in it to make it backwards compatible.

The information you are sharing is simply incorrect and puts FSMap in a bad light. Please be careful how you word your posts.