A320/21 Pro. More Vram usage.

EmpireKicking

Isn't it me but since the latest A320 update for v5 that now has workable and realism lights :P that when flying the airbus my Vram usage is double then before. Does anyone can confirm?

It's like using 1.5GB more. Other times when flying Carenado or the freeware 737 to the aircraft that came with Prepar3D Vram usage is around 2.8gb to 3.5gb. Now flying A320 with Vram at 4.5gb or more. So it leaves me around 500mb left. It's not easy to say with a 6gb card with windows reserves 1gb and leaves me 5gb in total. 

Any options to drop Vram down?

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, that is due to RealLight, we hope that the developers of that module will be able to reduce the memory load (what we use is a beta actually). Also keep in mind P3D v5 is terrible in memory management at this moment.

Can RealLight be disabled or does i have to be uninstalled? I'm afraid I cant run any of the v5 Airbuses without the dreaded DXGI error. I have an 8GB RTX2060 and only rarely get this error with other aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Can RealLight be disabled or does i have to be uninstalled? I'm afraid I cant run any of the v5 Airbuses without the dreaded DXGI error. I have an 8GB RTX2060 and only rarely get this error with other aircraft.

If you disable it, you will loose the integral lights.

Just deactivate the Reallight.dll in the gauges folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Tobias Nome said:

I also expirience this, but I also find that the a320/21 is much more heavy than vram than the a330, which doesnt make sense to me? 

It was already explained. Also in other topics. 
Reallight is used only in the A32S. The A330 doesn’t use Reallight.

Reallight is loading a lot stuff into VRAM. It’s a 3rd party tool (TFDi) that is still in beta. Maybe a final version will require less VRAM.

1 hour ago, Tobias Nome said:

I also expirience this, but I also find that the a320/21 is much more heavy than vram than the a330, which doesnt make sense to me? 

Already been answered. Same here it users more VRam at least I know why, Yet did another flight and it used in total 3.5gb LOL  So it has a mind on it's own

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, that is due to RealLight, we hope that the developers of that module will be able to reduce the memory load (what we use is a beta actually). Also keep in mind P3D v5 is terrible in memory management at this moment.

11 hours ago, Tobias Nome said:

Did you disable reallight? if so, how did this impact vram usage?

But why disable it? HAve a choice is to leave as it is and just wait for the update patches. RealLight is beta from what I hear and they are working on it still and not to mention that P3d V5 will release a next patch soon (no idea when). I rather fly with Lights and whatnot LOL so I can see it better rather then disable it. Hopefully we won't wait that long.

If there is a RealLIght update patch how would we get to update it though the aerosoft updater?

I disabled RealLight and RAAS, but can't run any of the Airbus series AT ALL. I can just about squeeze 2 minutes out of a 318/319 before I get the dreaded VRAM error. With the 320/321, I don't even get as far as the VC. This is also with my display settings dialled way back from anything I can usually fly with (and certainly no chance of E/A mode).

I realise it'll be all too easy to blame LM for this, but the fact is that I can easily run other "study" aircraft with no real problems. I hate to say it, but it looks like products that ran well in P3Dv4.5 (my Airbusses did) may need additional optimisation to be able to run in P3Dv5. To be honest - I don't see LM fixing this soon, so maybe 3rd party developers have to go that extra mile.

Adam.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But what extra mile? It's not like it does not work for any user.

I meant that maybe some additional pruning/optimisation/reworking of code (that admittedly worked OK in P3Dv4.5). I've heard some add-on developers have had to almost totally re-write their code for v5 (though I could be wrong).

I accept that if I'm the only person out there that's having problems, then you don't really have a problem (LOL). I just thought I'd raise it in case I'm not the only one. You never know!

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I accept that if I'm the only person out there that's having problems, then you don't really have a problem (LOL). I just thought I'd raise it in case I'm not the only one. You never know!

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I just thought I'd raise it in case I'm not the only one. You never know!

Absolutely, great point and we appreciate the concept and you taking time to report this information to us my friend.

We are working closely with Lockheed Martin, TFDi Design, and other developers, in order to resolve these types of concerns.

For now, a few things you might try is to ensure the:

Please login to display this image.

1. Windows 10 2004 update installed correctly.

2. Download the latest Graphics Card driver for your graphics card.

3. Download the latest Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Guru3D.

4. Place your computer into the "Safe Mode" and uninstall your current graphics card driver.

5. Reboot, and then reinstall the latest Graphics Card Driver for your Graphics Card, and then reboot your computer.

6. Backup and clear your Prepar3d.cfg file.

7. Clear your P3D Shaders.

Fantastic - thanks for the instructions. They look good enough for a "sticky". I haven't done the 2004 update yet but I've been doing all those steps except the DDU. Definitely worth including - and I'll try to remember to do that each time I update the GFX drivers (I've been lazy).

Adam.

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I meant that maybe some additional pruning/optimisation/reworking of code (that admittedly worked OK in P3Dv4.5). I've heard some add-on developers have had to almost totally re-write their code for v5 (though I could be wrong).

That would mean a few years of work....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 8:27 PM, masterhawk said:

Reallight is used only in the A32S. The A330 doesn’t use Reallight.

Sorry masterhawk, but A330 has a RealLight folder in the simobject.

So, what is it for if not used?

And the content of this folder is the same as the 32x busses.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Patrice_cesson said:

Sorry masterhawk, but A330 has a RealLight folder in the simobject.

So, what is it for if not used?

And the content of this folder is the same as the 32x busses.

It’s a left over. Intention was to use also Reallight in the A330. But during development we noticed Reallight and PBR VC doesn’t work together. So for lightning is now a other solution used. That was one of the reasons for the release delay.

So, why not use this other solution in the a32x series also? 
We could then see no blinking lights and a lower vram usage, so all benefits.

And more, I think this should be a user choice during installation.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Patrice_cesson said:

So, why not use this other solution in the a32x series also? 

Would mean many many weeks of work, nobody would be willing to pay for.

• Aerosoft

When there is time we will most certainly consider this. At this moment however we have a lot of our staff on FS2020 projects that have priority.

P3D v5 has severe memory issues that we hope will be solved by a HF soon. RealLight is still in beta and might improve as well. At this moment P3d V5 is just not s stable platform and extremely hard to support.

Archived