Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

leesteventon

Can't make wx radar work CRJ Professional

I cannot make the weather radar work at all. I am using Active Sky but the thing just won't turn on. The Terrain Function works but despite following the tutorial instructions (turn to "map" on rotary switch and press RDR/TERR) the caption on the instrument stubbornly says "RADAR OFF".

Have I misinterpreted the instructions or is there something I missed? Can you help me please?

Thanks and regards

Lee

Which version of Active Sky are you using? The radar functions of new beta version of ASPD3 will not work with the existing version of the CRJ-Pro. This should be fixed with the next update of the CRJ-Pro, but I don’t think it’s ready for release just yet.

If you are using ASP4, it should work with the existing CRJ

I'm using As for P3Dv4. I haven't got as far as needing it to show weather, the thing stubbornly refuses to turn the WX radar on, I have a constant WX Radar Off message on the MFD.

You also need to turn the weather radar on on the (lower) pedestal. Did you do that?

Knipsel.PNG

Thanks, yes I did. Following the instructions as per the tutorial flight.

I don't believe it, I did exactly as before and it works now. Computers eh?

Thanks for all your help folks.

Rgds

Lee

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.