Slave not moving

Hello, i know this is a recurrent topic and we were always asked to refer to the guide but hear me out for this one.

So we were using hamachi and we followed the normal steps to connect our aircrafts and evrything is working connection okay and buttons displays are all synchronised, but when the master moves the slave doesn't even though he can see and here the engines and all tge animations. If we switch roles the new master get teleported to the old masters place and and vice versa the new slave go back to the gate.

As indicated it might jave been a haamchi problem, so we tried being on the same network in rela life without hamachi so by LAN and we also teied conencting both computers with an ethernet cable configurated to communicate with each other and in bith case same thing happened so its not a hamachi problem and not a port forwarding problem i suppose. Firewall are switched off for both clients so what else could the problem possibky be ? Noting that we managed to fly together with switched and movements working about a couple of months ago, why is it not working anymore.

30 minutes ago, Elio Saade said:

Hello, i know this is a recurrent topic and we were always asked to refer to the guide but hear me out for this one.

1. I always read the posts before making any recommendation.

So we were using hamachi

2. Did you read what I wrote about using Hamachi in the Guide(s)?  Also mentioned in the Pinned Topic?

when the master moves the slave doesn't

3. This is a lack of communication on one of the ports, so either your ISP doesn't allow communication on the ports(s) or your port forwarding is incorrect.  See the Guides for additional information.

As indicated it might jave been a haamchi problem, so we tried being on the same network in rela life without hamachi so by LAN and we also teied conencting both computers with an ethernet cable configurated to communicate with each other and in bith case same thing happened so its not a hamachi problem and not a port forwarding problem i suppose.

4. I respectfully disagree.  See #3 (above), and don't ever use Hamachi (see #1 above).

Firewall are switched off for both clients so what else could the problem possibky be ?

See the Guide please.

The most important information in the Guides I wrote is to read the guides cover to cover before you to anything.  I have personally worked with several hundred flight simmers on setting up Shared Cockpit and it is neither complicated or difficult. It just requires a basic level of knowledge on networking that most people lack, but I wrote the Guides to provide the knowledge to  you.  Moreover, the Guides allow you to obtain instant answers and complete understanding of setting up Shared Cockpit, rather than playing 50 questions in the forum posts (which can take days or even weeks) AND that means explaining things without the other party really understanding networking for shared cockpit.  Also, while I've personally worked with a few hundred flight simmers on shared cockpit BEFORE I wrote the guides, many more people have been helped by the guides, and helped much faster, by simply reading the guides cover to cover.

My recommendation is to stop trying to resolve this, and just read the first two guides cover to cover without booting up your flight simulator.  Then you'll be ready to resolve the issues you're facing very quickly. Do it any other way and it will take a LOT longer.

I would love to hear back from you and your friend after you've read the guides and resolved the issues.

NOTE:  I just remembered that the Guides I posted here are a bit different than the Guides I posted elsewhere.  What I posted here contains some supplemental guides.

The ones you'll want to read first are:

Shared Cockpit Setup Guide (Start with this, the Most Important Guide)

Creating Software Firewall Rules Guide  (Self explanatory)

CFD Weather Settings Guide  (VERY IMPORTANT to Prevent Positional Lag Between Aircraft)

CFD Connection Troubleshooting Guide (Use this guide if you still have problems after reading the CFD Setup Guide)

Best wishes!

You're right i was trying to escape reading the guide even though i should. My only concern here is that neither of us can actually login to our routers as ISP works kinda differently here in my country. They usually take care of evrthg so the user don't have any knowledge or liberty to change anything on his router. 

9 hours ago, Elio Saade said:

You're right i was trying to escape reading the guide even though i should. My only concern here is that neither of us can actually login to our routers as ISP works kinda differently here in my country. They usually take care of evrthg so the user don't have any knowledge or liberty to change anything on his router. 

Yeah, I know, you and a lot of other people want direct answers instead of reading th guides and believe me, I do understand!  After all what we want to do is fly, not read, right?  But in my 40+ years in this hobby I've learned the hardway that you save a LOT of time, effort and frustration by reading the documentation so I eventually force myself to do it, too.  Right now (in what VERY little spare time I have) I'm re-learning DCS and related military air operations, etc., and believe me I wish there was a short cut.

I'm familiar with that ISP issue, though you should have mentioned this straight off.  I actually addressed this very issue in one of the Guides I wrote.

First things first, please answer the following questions:

1. What city/state/country do you live and what is the name of your ISP?

2.  What type of router do you both have?  I need to know the manufacturer and the model number, both of which you should find on the side or bottom of your router.

3.  Have you called your ISP and explained which ports  you need opened (forwarded)?  If not, please do so, and here is a list of ports  you'll want to have forwarded:

Software                                        Port                   Protocol

Airbus for FSX/P3Dv3                 6881-6882       UDP

ActiveSky                                      19284-19285   TCP and UDP (aka "both")

Let me know what your ISP says.

Archived