EFB On/Off?

Sabre10

On 6/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry no option for that at the moment. I;ll look into that.

This is an unnecessary distraction during the flight and possibly a drain of valuable resources.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Sabre10 said:

This is an unnecessary distraction during the flight and possibly a drain of valuable resources.

Thanks.

So switch it to a page which is not an unnecessary distraction. There is a useful page for *any* phase of flight, be it the enroute chart of your flightplan.

I have my EFB running all the time as well in real life.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:59 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry no option for that at the moment. I;ll look into that.

Highly appreciated and thankful that you're even considering it.

Thanks!

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Sabre10 said:

Thanks.

Well then you will hate our coffee and papers in the cockpit!

I assure you, real pilots do not thing a EFB with charts and flows is an 'unnecessary distraction'.  Almost all cockpits of high end airlines have them these days after all.  It could be you do not feel the simulator should simulate the actual job of the pilot and in that point of view a lot of things are not needed. But of you feel that should be done I strongly advise you to spend some more money and get the FSL Airbus. That project is designed from a point of view of the systems, not the pilot.  So you will not have to learn how to print a report or how to open the cockpit door.  I am sure you will be way more happy with that fine product.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I assure you, real pilots do not thing a EFB with charts and flows is an 'unnecessary distraction'.  Almost all cockpits of high end airlines have them these days after all.  It could be you do not feel the simulator should simulate the actual job of the pilot and in that point of view a lot of things are not needed. But of you feel that should be done I strongly advise you to spend some more money and get the FSL Airbus. That project is designed from a point of view of the systems, not the pilot.  So you will not have to learn how to print a report or how to open the cockpit door.  I am sure you will be way more happy with that fine product.

Hold your horses there, Mathijs Kok!  :D

I only meant I didn't want it in my FOV (glowing) during very specific, short but critical and possibly CPU-intensive moments of flight. You know just a simple option - click it On, click it Off with a mouse, no drama.  EFB is a great tool, why would you think anybody wanted to debate that??

Thank you!   

PS: Lol, don't get me started about money spent on other planes - it's too late, way way too much over last 20 years, FSL or others, just pick any and name it to me.. )). 

There's a temporary way to do this

Although I don't know whether it is approved.

Go to document\aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB

For example if you want to remove EFB for A330, backup "A330" folder and move it to somewhere else from A3XX EFB.

Then The sim still runs good, and you will see a error on EFB saying   "WebSimBrowser failed to load URL"

On 6/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

(...).  Almost all cockpits of high end airlines have them these days after all.  It could be you do not feel the simulator should simulate the actual job of the pilot and in that point of view a lot of things are not needed. But of you feel that should be done I strongly advise you to spend some more money and get the FSL Airbus. That project is designed from a point of view of the systems, not the pilot.  So you will not have to learn how to print a report or how to open the cockpit door.  I am sure you will be way more happy with that fine product.

Hehe,

The thing is that Aerosoft Airbus is more FUN , so going for FSL solution would not help :P

Another catch is that real world pilots do not have to balance visual aids and computing power. So - I too suspect that using my iPad instead of EFB would give me several frames per every second.

&

On 6/12/2020 at 5:53 AM, CCA8541 said:

This doesn't really change anything, the EFB will still be there, the idea is to optionally remove it from the model.

On 6/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, JarredP said:

This doesn't really change anything, the EFB will still be there, the idea is to optionally remove it from the model.

That's not planned anytime soon. EFB's are the future, well or in real life they are the very present. My airline was probably the last to make the switch to a completly paperless flight deck in Europe (or the US) now with the end of the complete Corona stop.

That's not the point and i understand that more and more airlines use EFBs, the point is i have better tools and the one in the Airbus is a distraction that i could get rid of if possible (simple ON/OFF trigger in the options MCDU as can be seen in other models). I understand if it is out of scope for your product. I find it much easier to look at charts on my secondary PC than to look at a smaller 3D image that eats up resources without me really needing it.

So, take this as a suggestion (as it was meant to) and not as like we're demanding it should not be there or something similar.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:09 PM, JarredP said:

It does for me, so I asked. But I don't want it removed, so it's not my idea.

Thanks. 

12 hours ago, JarredP said:

Super, thanks for the tip Bob.

The big square model is still there, and this is what was suggested by a few users to be removed. Nevermind, i'll just cope with it.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:53 AM, CCA8541 said:

Although I don't know whether it is approved.

Go to document\aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB

For example if you want to remove EFB for A330, backup "A330" folder and move it to somewhere else from A3XX EFB.

Then The sim still runs good, and you will see a error on EFB saying   "WebSimBrowser failed to load URL"

Weird, I can't do anything (move or rename) A3XX EFB folder. Any idea? It says the folder is already opened somewhere. I reloaded PC several times to no avail.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Sabre10 said:

Weird, I can't do anything (move or rename) A3XX EFB folder. Any idea? It says the folder is already opened somewhere. I reloaded PC several times to no avail.

Thanks.

Is this to do with some security features in Windows 10 v2004?

PS: This folder was opened by a PC on my network.

11 hours ago, JarredP said:

The big square model is still there, and this is what was suggested by a few users to be removed. Nevermind, i'll just cope with it.

I'd rather just make the screen go black when not needed.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

But of you feel that should be done I strongly advise you to spend some more money and get the FSL Airbus. That project is designed from a point of view of the systems, not the pilot.  So you will not have to learn how to print a report or how to open the cockpit door.  I am sure you will be way more happy with that fine product.

Using this thread I'd like to reiterate again how much I enjoy flying AS A3XX Professional. Very satisfying experience flying this 'liter' rendition of Airbus in Prepar3Dv5. Very well done, gents.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/20/2020 at 3:29 PM, Sabre10 said:

Thanks.

There is a FONTS folder inside. Deleting fonts in windows is a pain.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/20/2020 at 7:41 AM, JarredP said:

That would need complete new VC models. Will not happen.
We have A318/319/320/321 CFM, IAE, Sharklets yes/no
In total 13 Models. Now the same again for EFB yes/no, to have 26 models? All these models would need to be updated if there is a code change. Resulting in a lot work.

You can create a plank, black .pdf -document. Insert it with configurator, and open to EFB.

This is not "plank black" but this is my checklist. Anyway you can see my idea :D

Please login to display this image.

Archived