Braking system and nose wheel steering

Airbus Fan

Hello,

I recently found that the nose-wheel-steering/anti-skid selector turned to off has no meaning to the actual nose-wheel steering. It is displayed in the lower ECAM, but still everything including the nose-wheel steering works perfectly fine.

The same holds for the braking system. It is simulated impressively (normal/alternate braking, accumulator) in the brake pressure indication right of the lower ECAM, but even if the brake accumulator is down to zero, the actual braking still works perfectly fine. I somehow felt "tricked" when I found this out, especially because the indication seems to work very well.

Maybe you can add consequences for these two states? I don't really care too much about the specific handling of the braking (especially with the poor ground-handling simulation of the simulator), but without any pressure on the system and with the accumulator down to zero, in my opinion braking should not be possible. And if the nose-wheel steering is turned off, I should not be able to steer the nose wheel, either.

What I should add: In the test with the brake accumulator down to zero I turned off all hydraulic systems. The indicator indicated no braking at all, but in fact the brakes worked perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, Airbus Fan said:

What I should add: In the test with the brake accumulator down to zero I turned off all hydraulic systems. The indicator indicated no braking at all, but in fact the brakes worked perfectly fine.

Thanks for the report!

We don't model failed or inoperable systems, so I'm not surprised.  Still, I'll enter this into our bug tracking system.

Which simulator, aircraft and version (version from the ASUpdater)?  If the smaller buses, the engine type too please.

Thanks again!

Great to hear that, thank you!

System is: P3D V4, A330 V1.0.2.0, Windows 10.

PS: If you do this correctly, the nosewheel steering should not work whenever the lower ECAM indicates N/W STRG in orange (e.g. when all Hydraulic systems are shut down). Besides the status page, the ECAM indications are all implemented, but currently they have no consequences for the actual plane.

Archived