installing P3Dv4.5

GaryMcCl

I know I have put this subject on here before, but I still have the  problem and could with it being fixed. I bought v4 in 2018 and it has been fine.  In April this year, I have bought v5.  It's true to say that I have probably run out of v4 licenses because I've had to format my machine without uninstall the license that the machine is taking up.  That's why I'vee run out of v4 licenses, and I have made this clear to Prepar3D, and the install on the new PC tells you to.

Because P3Dv5 has been released, and that license allows you to install v4.5 software, I bought v5 Academic licenses for v5.  So, since I have paid for Academic licenses twice (v4 & v5), I expect to see that it's an option for me, and I don't want v5 on there because of the addons (most of them of only on v4).

So surely  Prepar3d should show that I have licenses for both versions (I know not to install v5 yet).  I'm not getting a reply to fix the is attached, and Prepar3D v4.5 I always get that error. Why? 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As your problem got nothing to do with Aircraft and/or Aersoft, I move it to the radio chatter section.

But anyway, a reliable answer on a P3D licensing issue, you will only get from LM.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You shoud read this:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=126726

V4 and V5 are separate products, that require separate licenses.
As you have bought both, all should be fine. Just ask LM to reset your v4 activations. It takes normaly 24-48hours until they are reset.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived