A330 .. odd characters on the APP page

keenrw

Hi

I have done this route twice and twice its happened that i have odd characters for the VAPP ... the route is .. EGHQ-EGKK...departure runway 30....crz at FL250...DCT DAWLY N17 OTMET OTME1G runway 08R trans from WILLO  ...ZFW was 140.349 kgs and 12.469kgs of fuel set, it also seems to lose the descent profile, it happens even if i feel out the app page or leave it blank......WIN10...P3D 4.5 HF2 used and the latest A330 update, at first it all appeared fine till i flew some of the route then i got what is in the screenshot.

Thanks

Rich

Please login to display this image.

Update…just remembered  the only thing i did differently was that i entered a hold at WILLO 284 left-hand turns and an alt constraint of FL70 ...i added FL70 to both of the WILLO entries so maybe the 2nd one confused things as I have just taken it out and I now get the correct VAPP  readings...will try it again later but won't add FL 70 to the 2nd WILLO entry .

It seems that was the issue as in the 3rd flight i did the same route, added the same info but did not put an alt restriction on the 2nd WILLO.. It flew it fine.

WILLO FL70

HOLD L

WILLO

if its set like

WILLO FL70

HOLD L

WILLO FL70

The FMC seems to get confused and i got what i did in the screenshot ... so i don't know if it is a bug or user error in that the second alt restriction may not be needed

Rich

Are you sure all the weights are entered correctly? Looks like something gets messed up during the calculation, which would point to weights or weather data.

On 6/6/2020 at 6:31 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Are you sure all the weights are entered correctly? Looks like something gets messed up during the calculation, which would point to weights or weather data.

Yeah all the weights were correctly entered and wind set prior to departure , it only happened when i added that Altitude constraint to the 2nd listed WILLO … If i don't do it then its fine … In future i will just leave it as set the Alt constraint to the original fix if needed.

That is certainly a math overrun (Problem 1), lack of constraints and allowing too many decimal points in the code.  Arrrgghhh.

Will confirm and enter into the bug database.  Sorry about that! 

Archived