Unable to load A318/A319 and A320/A321 in P3Dv5 : CTD after choice

jsolecki

After installation of A318/A319 and A320/A321 v1.4.0.0 in P3Dv5 (HF1), i can't load any of these busses

In Scenario Startup Screen , the aircrafts are OK but as soon i valide the screen, the thumbnail disappears and P3DV5 is closed.

The installation of these aircrafts seems not to have a problem.

I used also A330 (v 1.0.2.0) in the same conditions and installed in the same folder ( P3Dv5 Addons) without any problems  : A330 works well

I tried complete uninstalling and reinstalling without any success

Any ideas about what happens ?

j solecki 

3 hours ago, jsolecki said:

After installation of A318/A319 and A320/A321 v1.4.0.0 in P3Dv5 (HF1), i can't load any of these busses

In Scenario Startup Screen , the aircrafts are OK but as soon i valide the screen, the thumbnail disappears and P3DV5 is closed.

The installation of these aircrafts seems not to have a problem.

I used also A330 (v 1.0.2.0) in the same conditions and installed in the same folder ( P3Dv5 Addons) without any problems  : A330 works well

I tried complete uninstalling and reinstalling without any success

Any ideas about what happens ?

j solecki 

I would recommend that you make a backup of your prepar3d.cfg file and then delete it. That has fixed the problem for me.  Happens to me on the A330 as well as on the Maddog X.

If that works, I would then suggest setting up your settings in P3D as you like them as a 'base' and then close P3D, make a backup of that prepar3d.cfg file and keep it somewhere safe. There's something going on with prepar3d.cfg files in v5 possibly related to the various VRAM related crashes people are experiencing, so having a baseline that is easy to swap back in saves the trouble of redoing all your settings.

Hope that helps!

OK .I tried that this morning and it seems to work well now . I just tried to load the different aircraft without problems like yesterday.

I will now try an entire flight.

Many thanks for your answer

J C Solecki 

Archived