AES 1.94 released!

OPabst

• Developer

Hi all,

Cloud9 has release at the moment the new Versions of Amsterdam (1.04) and Bergen (1.01), which are minimum requirment for the use of AES 1.94.

Older Version will not work with AES!

So, use the time until AES is release to upgrade your scenery. More infos here: http://www.fscloud9.com

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JayKae,

Didn't you have the Amsterdam error stated in the C9 forum? Or don't you have AMS? See topic http://forum.fscloud9.it/viewtopic.php?p=30363#30363.

[Edit] If you have AMS problems, see the solution in the C9 thread. Mathijs is working overtime tonight :) and gave a solution (uninstall all previous software, re-install with the full 1.04 software)

Hi Oliver,

I am trying to get the airports, that you have shown us, installed and working but I have hit a small snag. For 1.93 you had us move some of the ISD Project scenery from the FS9/scenery folder to the FS9/addon scenery folder so AES could find it. I have noticed in the install instructions of LIME, LIPR, VHHH, and LGAV that each of their designers indicates they should be placed in the FS9/Scenery folder. Now I realize that it does not matter what folder the scenery goes into as long as it is properly registered in the scenery library. But it leads to my question. In what folder will AES 1.94 be looking, to find these scenery? :?:

bump

• Developer

bump

Hi,

the problem is, that AES will ignore every Path, where the beginning is <FS-root>SCENERY.

I do that, because below you have a long list of FS internal and default Scenery entries, which never includes any AES related files, like ..SCENERYWORLD and so on.

As AEShelp needs to read and check all this entries every time, I think it makes no sence to check them every run and to hold a installation clean, it is not a good choise to place Addons in a MS default directory path.

But I will check, how many time we lost to check all this directories too.

Hi,

the problem is, that AES will ignore every Path, where the beginning is <FS>SCENERY.

I do that, because below you have a long list of FS internal and default Scenery entries, which never includes any AES related files, like ..SCENERYWORLD and so on.

As AEShelp needs to read and check all this entries every time, I think it makes no sence to check them every run and to hold a installation clean, it is not a good choise to place Addons in a MS default directory path.

But I will check, how many time we lost to check all this directories too.

Oliver,

Thanks for the reply and explaination of how AES works has helped me greatly.

Again thank you for such a great product and all the work you put into it!

• Developer
Oliver,

Thanks for the reply and explaination of how AES works has helped me greatly.

Again thank you for such a great product and all the work you put into it!

Hi,

I just make a check and I think the need time to check also the default directory is not so critical, so in 1.94, AES will also search for the Addons below <FS>Scenery, even when I prefer not to install scenery there.

Hi,

I just make a check and I think the need time to check also the default directory is not so critical, so in 1.94, AES will also search for the Addons below <FS>Scenery, even when I prefer not to install scenery there.

That was quick! :shock:

Thanks again! :)

Did the AMS issue get resolved yet or do we still have to d/l the full version, uninstall the old version, install the new version, re-run the addon manager, etc.... you get the point. Can we now just d/l the 1.04 UPDATE file?

Did the AMS issue get resolved yet or do we still have to d/l the full version, uninstall the old version, install the new version, re-run the addon manager, etc.... you get the point. Can we now just d/l the 1.04 UPDATE file?

According to Umberto, Cloud9 is updating the update. For the full poop check this thread.

http://forum.fscloud9.it/viewtopic.php?t=4...sc&start=15

Hi all,

I just received this e-mail from Marcus

“Hi Christian,

Thank you for the kind words and your concern. No need to fear as the mis-communication has already been worked out between us and Aerosoft. 9Dragons will have full support of AES. Be on the lookout for an update of AES and a 9Dragons V2 with full support for AES.

Spread the word!”

So I'm spreading the word!

Also check this out in the German AES Thread.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...65&start=60

Is it any chance that ESSA, EKCH, ENGM, ESGG, ESMS, Rovaniemi and other aiports in scandinavia can be compatible with AES and

How much does LIME cost?

(sorry for my bad english)

/Marcus

• Developer
Is it any chance that ESSA, EKCH, ENGM, ESGG, ESMS, Rovaniemi and other aiports in scandinavia can be compatible with AES and

How much does LIME cost?

(sorry for my bad english)

/Marcus

Hi,

the Credits are shown behind the Airportname in AESHelp or in the release Note (http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/relnote_ENG.pdf)

LIME is 1 credit

Other Airports of FSID will follow, but Sceneries of Aerosoft SCA 1+2 or Swedflight are not possible at the moment (technical reasons)

Hello and congratulations on 1.94 Oliver,

AES 1.94 is superb with EHAM. I will soon install and activate the two HK airports!

Do you expect to include ImagineSim's MYNN and C9's KLAX in future updates?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered previously...

Kind regards,

-Russ

• Developer
Hello and congratulations on 1.94 Oliver,

AES 1.94 is superb with EHAM. I will soon install and activate the two HK airports!

Do you expect to include ImagineSim's MYNN and C9's KLAX in future updates?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered previously...

Kind regards,

-Russ

Yes, but both airports must first be changed by the developers, because the jetways can't be remove seperate. I don't know, when we they can do that.

Yes, but both airports must first be changed by the developers, because the jetways can't be remove seperate. I don't know, when we they can do that.

For FS2004? C9? Probably never. :( Why would they? :cry: I'd be tickled pinkish if they did, I'd buy KLAX all over again just to get AES with it---hell, I'd pay more than the first time!! ........But I gotta be a pessimist here and state categorically that it's not going to happen.

Awesome job again Oliver and the developers that made it possible too. More so the freeware guys :D

Also, still not one Canadian Airport Oliver, I suspect you have something against Canada? :wink:

• Developer

For FS2004? C9? Probably never. :( Why would they? :cry: I'd be tickled pinkish if they did, I'd buy KLAX all over again just to get AES with it---hell, I'd pay more than the first time!! ........But I gotta be a pessimist here and state categorically that it's not going to happen.

4 weeks ago, I had said, that EHAM/ENBR is not possible, so let as see what happens.

• Developer
Awesome job again Oliver and the developers that made it possible too. More so the freeware guys :D

Also, still not one Canadian Airport Oliver, I suspect you have something against Canada? :wink:

No, Canada is on the list, but not so easy, but I work on it.

But I gotta be a pessimist here and state categorically that it's not going to happen.

Don't be.

KLAX will require additional work for the developers to support AES, because as Oliver said, the jetways there are integrated in the terminal structure, so it has to be reworked to allow AES. That's exactly the same as in Bergen, it's just that, since KLAX is *much* larger than Bergen, it would have been impossible to do in this AES release and, we are also quite busy working at KORD...

So we think it will come, but definitely after KORD release.