Waypoint problem

rayhp

I have come across a problem when entering a series of waypoints into the MCDU for the flight plan  Let's assume the waypoints are A, B, and C. I enter A following the appropriate procedure,  Then enter B as above.  No Problem here. Then I enter C following the procedure.  This is where the problem arises.  If I then check the flight plan after entering C I find that the three waypoints are listed in reverse order, i.e. C, B, A. To put everything into the correct order requires various waypoint deletions and re-entering of the waypoints.  This happens in all the Airbus versions.  Has anybody else come across this problem?

I am using the latest Airbus versions , and latest P3Dv4.5 version.

2 hours ago, rayhp said:

I have come across a problem when entering a series of waypoints into the MCDU for the flight plan  Let's assume the waypoints are A, B, and C. I enter A following the appropriate procedure,  Then enter B as above.  No Problem here. Then I enter C following the procedure.  This is where the problem arises.  If I then check the flight plan after entering C I find that the three waypoints are listed in reverse order, i.e. C, B, A. To put everything into the correct order requires various waypoint deletions and re-entering of the waypoints.  This happens in all the Airbus versions.  Has anybody else come across this problem?

I am using the latest Airbus versions , and latest P3Dv4.5 version.

If we've not already done so, allow me to welcome you to our forums!

Sorry you're experiencing this issue.  Can you please repeat the steps and either take screens shots for each step and of the final result, or do a short video and upload them here?  I'm asking because I don't have any issues with this, but I'll certainly double check.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

The first image (1a) shows the SID and the first waypopint (MALBY) together with the flight plan on the EFB.  Image 2a shows the second waypoint  UGNUS in the correct position.  Image 3a shows what happens when I add the next waypoint NAXAT.  It appears between MALBY and UGNUS  giving an incorrect routing and flight plan.  Image 4a has had the last waypoint added after UGNUS (which is incorrect). To correct the plan I had to delete UGNUS and then re-add it in its correct position after MALBY.  This then gave me a correct flight plan.  I have had the same thing happen in other flight plans where one of the waypoints has jumped backwards similarly to this happening.  Hope this will help your deliberations

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hello @rayhp

First of all sorry for a late reply. Are you still experiencing this issue? When you are entering waypoint NAXAT, are you trying to etner it on the slot below UGNUS or on the slot that says UGNUS? Basically if you are inserting a new fix on the slot of existing fix, the new fix will appear before this existing fix and move the existing fix one slot down. So you have to insert the new fix always below the waypoint before the new fix.

Archived