Update A318/319 - A320/21 1440

Juanjo

A few hours ago I installed these planes in my P3Dv5 simulator and the problem that I have found is the following:

After selecting any of them and before finishing to load the aircraft this message has appeared :

" Your dedicated praphics memory has run out …… "

I have closed the simulator and restarted the computer.

After that, and in the folder of any one of the planes, I have renamed the RealLight folder so that it cannot be read by the simulator

I have started the simulator again and when selecting that plane I have received the message :

"An error occurred opening the lighting configuration "

I have ignored the message and clicked OK.

From this moment everything has continued normal; I have configured the plane in C&D; I have followed the entire Checklist; start the engines .... everything absolutely normal ... until the time has come to start the taxi, when the message has appeared again :

" Your dedicated praphics memory has run out …… "

….. and I have had to close the simulator.

In case it can be useful, that has been my experience.
Cheers
J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928

PD - My system : Intel i7-5820K 3.30GHz // 16 Gb RAM // AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 4 Gb GDDR5

This afternoon I'll check it with lower graphics and I tell you the results ... thank you very much.
Regards
J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928.

I have done a new test with the following configuration:

Aircraft : A320-214 CFM S

Weather : Fair weather

Monitor : 1 for VC / 1 for external view

Flight : LEZG-LEGE – 250 NM

Traffic :  No traffic

Realism : Flight Model = Easy all // Instr&Lights = Pilot control lights/ Indicated Airspeed

Crashes&Damage = Ignore crashes & avatar collisions

Engines : Unlimited Fuel

Other settings = All unchecked

Display : FXAA – ON // AA = 8x // Resolution = 512x512 // VSINC = OFF // Target f/r = 26 fps

World : LOD = Medium// Tesellation = LOW // Mesh = 76 m // Texture = 5 m //

Water detail = OFF // Sceenery Complex = Sparse // Vegetation and Building density =

Sparse // Cloud distance & coverage = 60 / LOW

Lighting : Landing lights illuminate ground // Shadow quality&distance = LOW / LOW // External vehicle = Cast&Receive

First test = With RealLight activated, after selecting the airplane the message appears “ Your dedicated graphics memory has runo out …… “ and I have had to close the simulator

Second test : No problem and the flight could be completed, but with some horrible graphics.

Throughout the flight ( SHIFT+Z ) : 25,2 fps & GPU Memory – 2,6/3,4 Gb

During the flight I have been observing the Task Manager and I have made the captures that I attach below.
In them, it can be seen that even despite such a low graphic configuration, it practically consumes all of the GPU memory when we use the two monitors, but it seems to me that going from an 88% use of the GPU with two monitors to just 27% with only one monitor is an excessive difference … don´t you think so ??

In any case, I await your opinions and / or instructions for any other test that you need me to do.

NOTE - With your A330 aircraft I have no such problem with my usual settings , everything works correctly

Thank you very much and greetings
J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just some notes:
Reallight and Trueglass are 3rd party products by TFDi and still in Beta for P3Dv5.
Reallight will load a lot stuff to VRAM, nothing we can change. So you will notice an increased VRAM usage by the A32S.
A330 doesn't use Reallight as it has a PBR VC and is using other lightning.

For more avail VRAM I advice Windows 10 2004. P3Dv5HF2 should also offer better VRAM management, when released.

Thank you very much for the information ... at the moment W10 2004 is not available for my system, so we will have to wait .... that and the LM HF2.

Bad news ... I have uninstalled version 1.4.0.0 and installed the new version 1.4.0.1, but the problem continues exactly the same as I mentioned earlier ....
I confirm that this problem only happens to me with the small buses A318-A321 but not with the A330 or with any other aircraft from PMDG, QualityWings, Virtavia, etc etc
We will have to wait for the LM HF2 and for the P3Dv5 versions of RealLight and TrueGlass to work correctly.
I also cannot update my W10 to version 2004 at the moment.

Regards
J J Gómez Prieto
IVAO 142928

Archived