Airbus A320 Family cockpit lights issue in P3D V5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, vinceYHU said:

Maybe RealLight and TrueGlass need updates due to HF 2?

We all have to wait for TFDi, the dev of RealLight and TrueGlass.

On 6/23/2020 at 2:29 PM, mopperle said:

As you use P3Dv4, please do not hijach this topic which is related to P3Dv5. Check the forum for a solution or open your own topic. Also tell us which exact version of v4 you are using.

Thx for an advice. Could you help me to find proper topic in P3D v4. This forum is more than complicated in searching. I tried to reinstal it and INTG LGHT doesn´t work.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, badapple said:

has this issue been solved?

I have V5 HF2 installed and my overhead still does not light up.

It is working for me in P3Dv5HF2.

Hi,

I updated all my airbus (A318 to A321) to version 1.4.0.2 and blinking/flickerinbg instruments lights in the cockpit are still here (Running P3DV5 HF2).

Standard P3D shaders used, HDR lighting on.

Patrice.

So, we stay in this situation.

We have a product with a clear malfunction.

And nothing changes/moves, no study of the problem. No more information.

Is it normal? I do not think so.

Patrice.

On 7/23/2020 at 2:23 AM, Patrice_cesson said:

So, we stay in this situation.

We have a product with a clear malfunction.

And nothing changes/moves, no study of the problem. No more information.

Is it normal? I do not think so.

Patrice.

Things slow down when you're using third party software inside your own software.....on a semi-unstable platform with 2hotfixes immediately after a rushed release....one of which overhauled lighting for devs.....while separately preparing for the newest, most hyped platform ever. 

I'm not even moderately surprised, nor really expecting much on this topic for a while. PMDG hasn't even gotten their (entire) line of 4 aircraft converted  I feel for the devs right now having to work with so much new stuff in such a little time span, while navigating new quirks and bugs. 

Debugging was always a slow operating to begin with. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

A_pilot is absolutely correct. It's not always a quick process when there are multiple moving parts within a single issue like it seems in this case. We are working hard with TFDi trying to locate this issue and get it fixed as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Please login to display this image.

FYI Same issue here, you see pedestal lights (Radio Panel) do light up like normal, mcp lights are dark, OVHD flood light do work as all the other lights. INTEG LT button full open, Radio panel light do react to knob, MCP stay low.

Version 1402 of Airbus, version 2004 of Windows, new bought install of Prepar3D v5.0 (5.0.31.35253) incl HF2. 

We'll wait and see, thanks for looking at this. Stay Safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would add another data point here regarding the A320 Pro in P3D v5.  As with the other reports here, I'm also seeing the random (every 2-10 seconds or so) flickering of the INTEG and FLODD lights and the largely ineffectual dome light during daytime.  For what it's worth, I see no discernible difference between fresh shaders and envshade.

Understood that an update is theoretically in progress and will take time.  A bit annoyed that I needed to clean out and redo my system (couldn't complete a flight without a BSDO) and figured there was no sense reinstalling v4 and carrying two sets of add-ons.  Famous last words.  Well, at least now I an MFS-ready from a hardware perspective.  Seems we may have a stable airliner sim experience there sooner than we will in P3D v5.

• Aerosoft

But there is nothing in the update about the issues you discuss. We simply do not see them on any of our machines, not is any of the testers able to recreate it. We simply do not know what causes this on the machiens of 4 users.

Make that 5 - I did a clean reinstall of P3D V5 and clean Aerosoft Airbus' and all the A318 - A321 are doing it. I even tried reinstalling RealLight.

Edit: I solved it. It appears RealLight and Trueglass installed to C:\Prepar3d v5\P3dV5\Gauges\RealLight / Trueglass. Wrong location.

I moved the folders "RealLight and Trueglass" and the two DLLs and placed them directly into Prepar3d v5\Gauges folder. 

Hopefully this helps everyone else. 

Archived