Airbus A320 Family cockpit lights issue in P3D V5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I've just made my first flight on P3D5 with A319 and VC flood lights were there but flickering every 5-10 seconds?

Let's see if it will be better with HF2 and final True light release.

Skip.

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Have you tried clearing your shaders?  Also, Wide View Aspect seleted?

Interesting that you asked about Wide View. I'm having some issues in A320 switching back from Wide View to no Wide View. In general do you recommend it On or Off? Anything else that you can share about Wide View in Prepar3Dv5?

Thanks. 

Just now, Sabre10 said:

Interesting that you asked about Wide View. I'm having some issues in A320 switching back from Wide View to no Wide View. In general do you recommend it On or Off? Anything else that you can share about Wide View in Prepar3Dv5?

Thanks. 

Wide View should be on when using our Airbus family.

15 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Wide View should be on when using our Airbus family.

When you have a spare minute could you add some technical detail? What does it affect and how? 

Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, Sabre10 said:

When you have a spare minute could you add some technical detail? What does it affect and how? 

Thanks!!

It has to do with how the VC Model was created and fits into the rest of the model.

Hello, 
so real light works for me, but since it works for me my vRam is always full. I know this is also a basic problem with the P3d v5, but now it happens much more often, often after only a few minutes or when I adjust the light and then change to another view. It's only since real light started working correctly that I've had such extreme problems with the vRam. 

vor 5 Stunden , bastiA320 sagte:

Hello, 
so real light works for me, but since it works for me my vRam is always full. I know this is also a basic problem with the P3d v5, but now it happens much more often, often after only a few minutes or when I adjust the light and then change to another view. It's only since real light started working correctly that I've had such extreme problems with the vRam. 

Yep, vRam is a mess with the A320 Fam. probably because of Real Light Beta, no issue with the A330 or PMDG, so that makes it almost certain...

2 minutes ago, SK10 said:

Yep, vRam is a mess with the A320 Fam. probably because of Real Light Beta, no issue with the A330 or PMDG, so that makes it almost certain...

I believe there is some truth to this, however if you have the Windows 2004 update you should see an improvement.  That said, if one views P3Dv5 and associated products as an early Beta, it really puts things into the correct perspective.

5 hours ago, gianluk81 said:

Hi, in my case all lights works well, but with dome lts on, overhead don't illuminate :( and remain very dark.

I realized that the dome light does indeed work, but only properly when it is dark (means in night time ;-)). Throughout the day, turning on or off the dome light has no effect. To me, this means that the cockpit gets dark due to the HDR settings and the domelight can not compensate this (in the QW787 it can). Might be one of those limitations we have to get along with until HF2 is out...

3 hours ago, Querer said:

Mi sono reso conto che la luce della cupola funziona davvero, ma solo correttamente quando è buio (significa di notte ;-)). Durante il giorno, accendere o spegnere la luce della cupola non ha alcun effetto. Per me, questo significa che la cabina di pilotaggio si oscura a causa delle impostazioni HDR e la luce della cupola non può compensare questo (nel QW787 può). Potrebbe essere uno di quei limiti con cui dobbiamo andare d'accordo fino a quando HF2 non sarà uscito ...

Yes dome lights works at night ;) but, repeat, don't illuminate overhead, other parts yes, but overhead no, and, my question is if this problems related to my system or common problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can't test it as I do not use P3Dv5, but it might be related to RealLight which is till in Beta, combined with other general issues of P3Dv5 itself.

On 6/7/2020 at 3:43 AM, skipy33 said:

Hi,

I've just made my first flight on P3D5 with A319 and VC flood lights were there but flickering every 5-10 seconds?

Let's see if it will be better with HF2 and final True light release.

Skip.

Hi, same here with flickering pedestal flood lights 

Good afternoon,

I have P3D v4 and have the same problem with A320 as was mentioned before. I tried to reinstal A/C but still OVHD ING LGHT doesn´t work. What shoul I do? I found RealLight.dll in the GAUGES folder but it doesn´t work.

• Deputy Sheriffs
58 minutes ago, Miroslav Burcik said:

Good afternoon,

I have P3D v4 and have the same problem with A320 as was mentioned before. I tried to reinstal A/C but still OVHD ING LGHT doesn´t work. What shoul I do? I found RealLight.dll in the GAUGES folder but it doesn´t work.

As you use P3Dv4, please do not hijach this topic which is related to P3Dv5. Check the forum for a solution or open your own topic. Also tell us which exact version of v4 you are using.

Archived