Airbus A320 Family cockpit lights issue in P3D V5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lights are now working after running the 1401 installer. 

Does anyone else notice that the speeds and engine data are flickering?

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

The Real Light installer ran and the folders were created. But I have no lights as described by the others here. 

What are the folders and where are they supposed to be created?

Thanks.

Just now, Sabre10 said:

What are the folders and where are they supposed to be created?

They are created in the aircraft directory for each plane variation. But I only got working lights after reinstalling the full package with installer 1401 which is now available for download. 

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

They are created in the aircraft directory for each plane variation. But I only got working lights after reinstalling the full package with installer 1401 which is now available for download. 

What is the name of the folders created?

Thanks.

Ok installer 1401 has fixed the issue. There's a whole series of steps at the end of installation where "beta" RealLight and TrueGlass are installed.

Now the cockpit looks like it should!

Please login to display this image.

Just don't install RAASPro. It causes P3Dv5 to crash while launching!

1 hour ago, ual1819 said:

Can anybody else confirm this?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To get the lightning working, it is important to redownload the 1.4.0.1 fullinstaller and do a reinstall.
That one contains updated TrueGlass and Reallight installers.

9 hours ago, Sabre10 said:

Can anybody else confirm this?

Thanks.

Nope, I just installed the A320 with RAAS, no crash while launching and it is working perfectly !

12 hours ago, ual1819 said:

Ok installer 1401 has fixed the issue. There's a whole series of steps at the end of installation where "beta" RealLight and TrueGlass are installed.

Now the cockpit looks like it should!

Please login to display this image.

Glad that 1401 works. I look forward to trying it later. And may I say that is a great screenshot. Gorgeous lighting.

14 minutes ago, 02vallancel said:

Glad that 1401 works. I look forward to trying it later. And may I say that is a great screenshot. Gorgeous lighting.

Actually the problem of lighting was with the integrity lights on the overhead. We'll see if they work yet.

Hi,

As no one answers my other post, I put it here. So:

After using the A320 on P3DV5 HF1, I can see that the integrated lights (those in orange color) are flickering in all the cockpit parts (Glareshield, pedestal, main panel, overhead).

They are flickering irregularly almost every 2 seconds, but not regular.  All lights flicker at the same time.

This is annoying as we see this all the time when in bad weather.

Seen on A320 CFM version 1.4.0.1, on P3DV5 HF1, during a flight between Dublin and Glasgow, using ORBX regioanl and True earth scenery)

Patrice.

5 hours ago, Patrice_cesson said:

Hi,

As no one answers my other post, I put it here. So:

After using the A320 on P3DV5 HF1, I can see that the integrated lights (those in orange color) are flickering in all the cockpit parts (Glareshield, pedestal, main panel, overhead).

They are flickering irregularly almost every 2 seconds, but not regular.  All lights flicker at the same time.

This is annoying as we see this all the time when in bad weather.

Seen on A320 CFM version 1.4.0.1, on P3DV5 HF1, during a flight between Dublin and Glasgow, using ORBX regioanl and True earth scenery)

Patrice.

Hi,

I can also confirm that I am experiencing the problem of flickering integral lights. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had today also the flickering lights. Might most likely be related to Reallight. That 3rd party dll is still beta.

Updating to V1401 completely solves my lighting issue. To those who still having flickering lights: Do you have Dynamic Texture Streaming enabled in the Display options? From my experience this setting causes a whole host of flickering issues which I have reported to Lockheed Martin. I have noticed external aircraft, ground, building, SODE and autogen flickering when this option is enabled.

Cheers,

Louis

I add something else: I can barely read the digits on the MCP for altitude, v/s and heading, they are almost as dark as the background. Lighting works, except the dome light...

• Aerosoft
24 minutes ago, Querer said:

I add something else: I can barely read the digits on the MCP for altitude, v/s and heading, they are almost as dark as the background. Lighting works, except the dome light...

Can you share a screenshot on how it looks on your system and a screenshot of your light settings?
And please confirm this is in P3d V5!

19 minutes ago, Querer said:

Sure, there we go:

Are you sure you turned the FCU's brightness up? Looks a lot like it would simply be dimmed down. There are two brightness knobs below the FCU, one for the integral lights, the other for the display brightness. Are both turned all the way up?

Nope, that could be indeed the case, obviously only found the knob for integral lights. Thanks, will try this.

EDIT: it was indeed just turned down, sorry for asking this, was not aware about this function (never had to use it in v4.5)

Archived