Updater does not show all products

Hi,

After a complete reinstall of windows and my products, the updater was working fine and showed all my products, and allowed me to update as required.

When I ran the updater today it now only shows my Honeywell yoke in both P3D v4 and v5

It should also show:

Purchased through Aerosoft

Balearic Islands professional - Menorca P3D4 & 5

Balearic Islands professional - Ibiza P3D4 & 5

Mega Airport Barcelona professional P3D4 & 5

Purchased though 3rd Party

AEROSOFT - MEGA AIRPORT FRANKFURT V2 PROFESSIONAL P3D4 & 5

AEROSOFT - MEGA AIRPORT MADRID PROFESSIONAL P3D4 & 5

AEROSOFT - MALAGA PROFESSIONAL P3D4 & 5

AEROSOFT - BALEARIC ISLANDS PROFESSIONAL - MALLORCA P3D4 & 5

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Ian

Please login to display this image.

Hi Andreas,

I installed those two updates, however they are still the only products showing in the Updater.

I'll try and reinstall all the products and see if that makes them appear in the updater.

Ian

So I reinstalled the below:

Balearic Islands professional - Menorca P3D4 & 5

Balearic Islands professional - Ibiza P3D4 & 5

Mega Airport Barcelona professional P3D4 & 5

Bergamo professional P3D4

However only Bergamo and Barcelona appeared in the Updater along with the Honeycomb.

Could this be because Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca all install under the Sim-wings Balearic Islands Professional folder and are not at the sale directory as the others

Bergamo, Barcelona and Honeycomb install to here D:\Users\ianpa\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, but Ibiza, Mallorca and Menorca install to D:\Users\ianpa\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Sim-wings Balearic Islands Professional

Ian

So out of 8 airports the updater only picks up 4

Purchased through Aerosoft

Balearic Islands professional - Menorca P3D4 & 5

Balearic Islands professional - Ibiza P3D4 & 5

Mega Airport Barcelona professional P3D4 & 5

Bergamo professional P3D4

Purchased though 3rd Party

AEROSOFT - MEGA AIRPORT FRANKFURT V2 PROFESSIONAL P3D4 & 5

AEROSOFT - MEGA AIRPORT MADRID PROFESSIONAL P3D4 & 5

AEROSOFT - MALAGA PROFESSIONAL P3D4 & 5

AEROSOFT - BALEARIC ISLANDS PROFESSIONAL - MALLORCA P3D4 & 5

Not sure what to try next

On 6/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, A. Muegge said:

How do these files relate to the subject of this thread or to what was posted here?

I thought it was a newer AS Updater, installed it and ended up with Honeycomb Controls app that is irrelevant to my hardware...

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think the missing addons are currently not supported by the ASUpdater. This got nothing to do with the fact that they have an new installer.

Usually only new released products are supported by the ASUpdater.

• Developer

The V5 Version 2.0.0.0 of Malaga and all Balearic Island are supported with ASupdater after use of this newest Installers.

The V4 Versions are not yet AsUpdater ready.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you still miss some v5 products, check for the default documents folder location:
C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\
If you moved your documents, the installer sometimes didn't recognize it. Then just move the files to the correct location.

On the positive side, I acknowledge that Aerosoft adds more and more products to the Updater, thus, it's a move in the proper direction.

Kind regards, Michael

• Developer

It's actually very easy. Look at the following folder: "C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products". There's one .xml file for every product that you have installed. If there's no file for a certain product, it doesn't have updater support (yet?). If a file exists but the product doesn't show in the updater window, then - and only then - there's a problem. In this case please post the XML file here and add the installation path of the missing product.

Archived