Weird route planning

Greetings!

I've been trying to use PFPX to generate me a route from UUEE to UHMM for a while, but there seems to be something wrong with the arrival procedure. The thing is the approach is not being calculated correctly for whatever reason (777's FMC agrees with me on this point and throws me a route discontinuity, unlike the SID which is normally calculated). It is worth noting that RW28 is being calculated correctly however it is not used at UHMM as far as I know. Is it an issue with the nav cycle? The route is RLP3H RILPO T636 KTL N742 UHT R822 SH B927 TERKI TERK5F.

Thanks in advance.

Please login to display this image.

PFPX does not apply the 'approach' segment, you cannot select any runway approaches such as ILS / VOR, RNAV etc.

Your depiction is correct in that it terminates at STAR TERK5F exit, then applies an approach fix for runway 10.

Jeppessen lists procedure arrivals from STAR exit ( ILS-Y or X ) but the approach is likely ATC vectored hence the discontinuity.

If you were to plan/use the RNAV arrival TERK5J for ILS-Z 10 via IAF MM003 then you will have no FMC discontinuity if that is what you seek.

You can apply a preferred runway use in the airport editor selecting runway 10 with a max permitted tail wind, outside of which runway 28 would be planned.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

10 hours ago, srcooke said:

PFPX does not apply the 'approach' segment

I am aware of that, I wasn't referring to approach as a STAR, but rather in direct sense, as the final stage of the flight :)

Jeppessen lists procedure arrivals from STAR exit ( ILS-Y or X ) but the approach is likely ATC vectored hence the discontinuity.

Ah, I see, thanks.

If you were to plan/use the RNAV arrival TERK5J for ILS-Z 10 via IAF MM003 then you will have no FMC discontinuity if that is what you seek.

Splendid! I'm completely new to anything larger than a 172, so I'd like the FD to guide me as far as possible for now :D How can I find this "combination" on my own without trying each out on the FMC?

A look at the STAR and Approach charts will give an indication how the procedures knit together.

Not all procedures are linked and in reality will be vectored by ATC.

Archived