Incorrect Altitudes

I have been planning flights around the Canary Islands in the Dash 8 -Q400. For some reason PFPX is holdng the aircraft down at 4000' for a portion of a particular SID even though there is no such restriction in the procedure. In another instance, it planned the final level as FL190 but then shows FL199 at the TOD point. Also, it plans most of the flights at non-quadrantal levels, e.g. odd flight levels reagrdless of the direction. Finally, I planned a flight from LPPD to LPPI; the first plan wasn't too bad, had a hold down at 4000' during the SID but ended up with FL220. The next time I tried to plan the same route it has a hold down to 2000' in the SID and then a final level of FL216.I does this repeatedly. I have never seen PFPX do this before - anyone got any ideas?

I'm pretty sure now that I know what's causing part of the problem. To force the planner to present some ETP data I've created non-EDTO (60 minute) scenarios. If I include those calculations, the cruise levels in the main plan don't work. The plan I've attached to this post has a final cruise at  FL215.

But regardless, it has an initial altitude of either 4000' or (as in this case) 2000' before climbing later in the flight. The SID doesn't have any such restrictions.

SAT3006 LPPD-LPPI (01 June 2020).txt

There remains an issue with short trip cruise altitudes in PFPX.

However I would suggest trying the performance profile from AirlinerPerformance and if necessary use MAX ALT and NO STEP option which returns FL200 on the LPPD-LPPI route

Archived