Search legs window too wide

BernhardS

Hallo,

thanks for the new version 1.16 of FV. It works perfect but one thing is annoying: I have a resolution of 1920x1200 but the search legs window seems too wide. So I cannot see the whole window. When I reduce it, the right part of the window disappears so I cannot see the buttons on the right side, like "reset" "search" and so on. In version 1.15 it was ok but now........??!!!! Where is the solution?

Bernhard

Hi Bernard

It is one of the lager forms  (if not the largest) however I aim for all all forms to be able to fit in a 1920x1080 desktop. The Form is only 1741 x 779 pixel so it should fit well inside your 1920x1200 desktop. Do you have any docked items/sidebars setup in windows that somehow reduces the visible area of the desktop?

Bernhard for now you will have to drag the form left/right to see the left/right sides, or reduce the font size in windows to 100%. However in the next version I will add a setting that allows you to specify  you are using a "reduced desktop" (still guessing that the font-size scaling is the reason). Here is the form as it looks now:

Please login to display this image.

However when "Reduced desktop" is selected in settings (in the next version) the width of the form is reduced by "stealing" some of the width of the 3 list-views (Flightplans, Airlines and Aircraft), hence the form will look like this in stead:

Remark due to scaling of the images above they appear to have the same width (until you open them), but as you can see the 3 list-views are more narrow.

Thank you Pelle.........that's it! I use a font size of 125% and coz of that the window is wider than 1920 px. My eyes are a bit older so it's impossible for me to use a font size of 100%. But I have a 2 Monitor setup so at the moment I can see the right part of the search window on the second monitor. Although the solution of ver1.15 was  more practicle for me. But I think that's the effect of the additional search criteria in ver1.16.

But if you reduce the window size of the left 3 list views that would be a perfect solution for me !!!  Thanks very much.

Bernhard

You are welcome Bernhard. I don't know if it is an issue for you (probably not as you run with 1200 pixel in height in stead of 1080), but I have reduced the initial height of the Airport-info form as well. So all form should be visible at 1920x1080 with a font-size of 125% - can't promise I can remain doing so, but I will try 😉

Pelle, best thing would be if one could change the width of the 3 list views individually. So you could resize especially the width of the Airlines/Aircraft list by yourself coz it's not so important (for me) to see the whole width. There are only a few aircraft with long names and those are more or less unimportant (Aero Commander and Cessnas).

Bernhard  

Christmas comes early this year 🙂 Beside being able to reduce the with of the form in settings. I have now inserted splitters between the 3 list-views. The right part of screen is fixed (can't be made more/less narrow), however the width of the 3 list-views can be adjusted by dragging these splitters left/right.

Pelle, this is great!!! Thank you very much!

By the way: your program is really phantastic. I use it very often during installation of new flightplans and for comparing AI flights in the sim with the plans from AIG.

Bernhard

Archived