VC Runtime CTD

Good day, I just installed the A330 into V5 and I went to load up a scenario and I had an instant CTD on a couple of occasions with this error. It’s not happening with any other aircraft I have installed. See attached pic thanks. I have windows 10 home, 9700k, 1080ti, 32 GB of ram. 

Please login to display this image.

If you perform a search for VCruntime140 in our forums or the P3D forums you will find that many people have reported this issue with various software.  It is NOT our software causing this.

I recommend going to the following thread, ignore the PFPX references, and follow the steps there.  Note that some people have had to reinstall Windows to correct this, but they are few and far between.

Best wishes.

As an FYI, I had this when I was running GSX. I found I had an older 2015 redistributable installed and on installing the newer one, a lot of my issues went away. Do follow the instructions on that post though.

13 minutes ago, neilh1983 said:

As an FYI, I had this when I was running GSX. I found I had an older 2015 redistributable installed and on installing the newer one, a lot of my issues went away. Do follow the instructions on that post though.

That is included in the instructions in the link I provided.

Nobody reads anymore, LOL!

Ok it seems I got a bunch installed there I did everything above and uninstalled and reinstalled just the 2015-2019 ones. The other ones in my control panel are quite outdated but they may be needed for other add ons to run I don’t know 

Please login to display this image.

Ok well guys this is a weird one, I purchased the updated version of the mad dog for V5 and installed it. I took the mad dog for a flight and had no problems. My next flight I decided to try the A330 again and it works now with no issues and no crash. I don’t know if installing the mad dog added something I needed or not or the issue just vanished. But right now I’m flying the A330 with no problems for now. 

1 minute ago, Navigation said:

Well I spoke too soon it crashed again mid flight I don’t know I’m going back to 4.5 for now the A330 works fine in that version 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived