P5D HF2

All,

On reading PMDG's weekend update this morning, it appears that P5D is in beta with Hotfix 2. This has apparently screwed up a number of changes made to make aircraft compatible with HF1. This has led them to the decision to halt the rollout of their updates until the HF2 is in RTM.

No further details are available right now but it looks like another big update is on its way.

On 5/31/2020 at 3:28 PM, neilh1983 said:

All,

On reading PMDG's weekend update this morning, it appears that P5D is in beta with Hotfix 2. This has apparently screwed up a number of changes made to make aircraft compatible with HF1. This has led them to the decision to halt the rollout of their updates until the HF2 is in RTM.

No further details are available right now but it looks like another big update is on its way.

I believe a big company like Aerosoft receive advance builds of upcoming Hotfixes or versions. They also have a direct line to LM for any issues they find on the sim.

Im sure Aerosoft is ready for any changes they need to do to support the upcoming hotfix :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

PMDG is a big enough company to recognize, as Robert stated in the message the OP noted, that their recent experience with beta versions of hotfixes caused them to lose confidence in anything short of the formal/RTM version. My money would be that Aerosoft will follow the same course for the same reason as they've decided to do with ceasing their earlier practice of using only the latest LM compilers with Aerosoft code. Too many issues with being on the bleeding edge instead of the leading edge.

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Prepar3D v5 is NOT a very stable platform at this moment.  It is hard to recommend switching to it right now.

Many of your customers have switched, though. It is what it is. 

12 minutes ago, flycln said:

Many of your customers have switched, though. It is what it is. 

True, but those customers simply can't expect a seemless experience like most had with P3Dv4. And they can't blame addon developers for it.

P3Dv5 feels very much like a rushed release, probably to set themselves ahead of Microsoft, so if you want to use it: Fine, but complain to the right people.

If an update comes out and breaks the lights don't expect a fix within a day. It might take longer. And a beta might not resemble the final version. Even if Aerosoft already has betas and adapts products before the official release, LM might still change something the last hour before release which breaks compability again and might take days, or weeks, to fix before being able to update the addon.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

We can't fix problems in the sim with add-ons.

I'm not expecting you to. I understand the situation you're in.

vor 3 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

True, but those customers simply can't expect a seemless experience like most had with P3Dv4. And they can't blame addon developers for it.

And I wasn't implying that either, my dear.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived