From full reverse thrust to idle...

AZAKAZ

If you own this aircraft then you immediatly know what I'm talking about, but briefly explained the engine audio glitches and the planes accelerates/jumps forward until it a few seconds later calms down again. I was wondering if there are any solutions to fixing this problem that doesn't involve payware? On a side note I have seen a forum thread where one of the members said the problem is caused by Microsoft, since this aircraft is running on Microsoft's code unlike some other planes. Apparently this problem is also widely known on other turbo prop payware. Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, AZAKAZ said:

If you own this aircraft then you immediatly know what I'm talking about, but briefly explained the engine audio glitches and the planes accelerates/jumps forward until it a few seconds later calms down again. I was wondering if there are any solutions to fixing this problem that doesn't involve payware? On a side note I have seen a forum thread where one of the members said the problem is caused by Microsoft, since this aircraft is running on Microsoft's code unlike some other planes. Apparently this problem is also widely known on other turbo prop payware. Thanks in advance.

I don't see what you're describing, or at least not in such an exaggerated way. What I do see is about 50% of the time I get one engine surging and the other not, so the aircraft  tends to career off the runway coming off reverse. I haven't really invesigated this, mainly because the Twin Otter is almost impossible to taxi properly in P3Dv4 anyway so getting to and from the runway is a bit of a chore regardless. Usually I find the best way to handle reverse is to bring it to a complete stop and standon the brakes when coming to idle, which stops it slewing.

Archived