very low FPS of long range flight

XCSWxcsw

When i fly a long range flight (10hrs), I will get about 10FPS when landing, even in a default scenery still around 10FPS. But when i restart sim on ground, i will get 80FPS. I'v tested A330 and QW787, only A330 have that issues. Can someone help me to solve that?

sim:P3Dv5

My computer: i7-7700K 32GB RAM GTX1080Ti

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since you're only seeing this on your A330, I moved this for you to the appropriate forum section. When you have a few minutes, I suggest taking a look around the forums so you'll know better how they're organized.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sometimes I read too fast as well, LOL. In his second and third line he notes P3Dv5 (tho' nothing about HF1 or not) and his specs: i7-7700K 32GB RAM GTX1080Ti.

XCSWxcsw, with those specs, which are very close to mine, you should be getting well over 10fps anywhere with any add-on aircraft, as I and others are seeing frame rates generally better than a well setup P3Dv4 in a comparable situation. Your report makes me believe there's something in your system that's slowing things down, perhaps a memory leak or background app or process. What frames are you seeing using  one of the default fighters with as much gas in it as you can get and then flying a long leg.

Also, in addition to what you told us about your hardware, it would be helpful to know your operating system version and the build level (internal version). For example in troubleshooting, the recently rolled out Windows 10 build 2004 helps many with VRAM but causes issues for others.

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sometimes I read too fast as well, LOL. In his second and third line he notes P3Dv5 (tho' nothing about HF1 or not) and his specs: i7-7700K 32GB RAM GTX1080Ti.

Yeah, good call my friend!  My bad, but great reminder to go a little slower!

On 5/30/2020 at 12:51 AM, XCSWxcsw said:

When i fly a long range flight (10hrs), I will get about 10FPS when landing, even in a default scenery still around 10FPS. But when i restart sim on ground, i will get 80FPS. I'v tested A330 and QW787, only A330 have that issues. Can someone help me to solve that?

sim:P3Dv5

My computer: i7-7700K 32GB RAM GTX1080Ti

I would try updating to Windows 10 2004, and of course wait for the next update for Prepar3d V5 because it's DirectX12 and P3D related.

Best wishes.

Hi,

I can confirm that I'm suffering from the exact same issue.

Normally my FPS is 35-60 (Depends on the location) and it never goes below that. Everything is fine during the whole flight with other addon planes such as PMDG 747, Maddog, QW787.

Only with the A330 around 4-5 hours into the flight my FPS starts to drop, after 10-11 hours of flight my FPS reaches ~10 fps.

I have already flown the PMDG 747 and the QW787 on similar routes with no issues and my FPS remained normal 40-60 during the whole flight.

Until giving up I have tried 3 flights with the A330:

VHHH-EKCH (Exited the sim midflight because of low FPS)

VHHH-EKCH (Exited the sim midflight because of low FPS)

EKCH-VHHH (Landed at VHHH with 10 FPS and delayed ground texture loading). 

Sim: P3Dv5 HF1.

Specs: i7-8700k, 32GB RAM, GTX1080ti.

Hopefully you can help and find what's causing this issue.

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel

Please go back to Quality Wings and PMDG, and ask them which P3D compilers they use.

Aerosoft ad leays uses the latest compilers, which makes it very likely this is a P3D issue snd as such there is not much we can do. If I were you, I would go over to the LM forum and raise hell.

Hi Dave,

Sorry but with all the respect I don't understand your answer. Did you read all my post?

What I'm trying to say is that I don't have any issues with P3D or other addon planes so I see no reason for contacting the developers with this issue.

The only issue I have is with the A330 which I described above and it's not only me as you can see.

Apart from the compilers, isn't there any other aspects you can look into to try and identify the problem? EFB issue, Configurator options, Coding, Texturing, Maybe Other features like True glass?

Is there any other specific information I can provide?

Thanks,

Daniel.

18 minutes ago, dan3138 said:

Hi Dave,

Sorry but with all the respect I don't understand your answer. Did you read all my post?

What I'm trying to say is that I don't have any issues with P3D or other addon planes so I see no reason for contacting the developers with this issue.

The only issue I have is with the A330 which I described above and it's not only me as you can see.

Apart from the compilers, isn't there any other aspects you can look into to try and identify the problem? EFB issue, Configurator options, Coding, Texturing, Maybe Other features like True glass?

Is there any other specific information I can provide?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Yes, I did read your complete post and fully understood it.  By asking you to find out which P3D compilers QW and PMDG are using I was trying to get you to learn, and that, believe me, is what flight sim is all about.

As I described in my post above, the developers you mentioned to do not use the latest P3D software compilers for their software.  Aerosoft uses the latest compilers for our Airbus because they normally allow us to take advantage of the latest changes and benefits they offer (newer technology).  This means that even though you are running P3Dv5 with QW and PMDG, you are still uses software functions of older P3D releases.  This is why you don't have the same issues with QW and PMDG that you presently do with the Airbus.  LM knows of problems with P3Dv5, they released it anyway, people (including me) paid for it in good faith, but it wasn't even close to being release ready.  This suprised everyone including developers as it has never happened before.  Don't ask why LM did this, we already know and we can't and won't tell you, and the answer will not change the fact that they released it in a non-release state and failed to warn people about it.  We, like you, are waiting for them to fix it.

By the way, Aerosoft is not the only developer having issues with P3Dv5, and I know and work with a lot of developers that have stopped work on a P3Dv5 version due to issues with the software.

P3Dv5 does not currently exist on my computer, and THAT should tell you something.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your explanation, now everything makes more sense to me.

In this case I hope that the upcoming P3Dv5 HF2 will be sufficient enough to fix some of your issues with the sim including my issue.

When the new HF2 comes out I will make some tests with the A330 as well as with the new Win10 2004 update when I actually get the chance to update.

Hopefully the upcoming updates from you guys also might help.

If anything changes I'll report back.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Just now, dan3138 said:

Thanks for your explanation, now everything makes more sense to me.

My friend, so do we!  :)

The Windows 2004 is a very important one to have for running P3Dv5, so good move on that.

Thanks for your patience my friend!

Best wishes.

30 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is indeed not just you, there is one other user that sees this. The only logical reason is a memory leak, but we are unable to see that in our tests. 

Hi Mathijs,

Yes a memory leak sounds like logical reason.

Hope you will be able to find the cause for this issueor maybe it will go away by itself with the upcoming HF2 by LM.

Thanks,

Daniel

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

My friend, so do we!  :)

The Windows 2004 is a very important one to have for running P3Dv5, so good move on that.

Thanks for your patience my friend!

Best wishes.

Thanks for the support Dave :)

I'll try to update my win10 to 2004 ASAP.

Best wishes to you too.

Daniel.

• Aerosoft
24 minutes ago, dan3138 said:

Yes a memory leak sounds like logical reason.

Hope you will be able to find the cause for this issueor maybe it will go away by itself with the upcoming HF2 by LM.

I will let the aircraft fly circles this night. I have a fresh system without any other add-on so it should be clear if there is a memory leak.

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will let the aircraft fly circles this night. I have a fresh system without any other add-on so it should be clear if there is a memory leak.

Thanks Mathjis :)

On 4.6.2020 at 12:36, dan3138 sagte:

Thanks Mathjis :)

I have found another issue wich is related to EA mode of P3D V5. My FPS also gets slowly reduced over several hours of flying. If I get to lower FPS ranges, I have a workaround:

• I start my flight with EA Mode on (Checked)
  • When FPS drops while in flight go to menu
  • Untick EA Enhancement (set off)
  • Go back to flight (just a second is ok)
  • Go back to the menu to check EA mode (set on)
  • FPS are completly back

Normally I get around 30 FPS in VR on complex scenery. In the air about 35+. These 35+ start reducing slowly to somewhere between 15 and 20 FPS. After I unchecked and checked EA mode, they are back to normal. Strange is, they seem to stay stable than (I am still testing this due I am not sure about that one).

Please report back if that helps. 

There is also one topic about that in the ASP3D forum at the P3DV5 Section. 

System specs

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.24.34874

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 19041.264
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.1 Ghz | HT ON | AffinityMask=90109
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main Addons

ASP3D | 7459 Open Beta
ChasePlane | Via ORBX
GSX 2
FSUIPC6
AIGAIM
SODE | Latest Version
MultiCrewExperience | Latest Version
Airbus A330 | Latest Version
PMDG 747/748 | Latest Version
QW787 | Latest Version
Navigraph Charts
ORBX Base
ORBX LC
ORBX TE NL
ORBX Regions
ORBX HD Buildings
ORBX HD Trees V1 & V2
REALTURB | All Continents
+200 Addon Aiports | via .xml method added

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

I have found another issue wich is related to EA mode of P3D V5. My FPS also gets slowly reduced over several hours of flying. If I get to lower FPS ranges, I have a workaround:

• I start my flight with EA Mode on (Checked)
  • When FPS drops while in flight go to menu
  • Untick EA Enhancement (set off)
  • Go back to flight (just a second is ok)
  • Go back to the menu to check EA mode (set on)
  • FPS are completly back

Hi,

I also tried to turn off True Sky mid flight. But it results in a CTD.

I will probably do a complete P3D reinstall when HF2 will be out.

Hopefully this will sort things out ;)

Daniel.

vor 13 Minuten, dan3138 sagte:

Hi,

I also tried to turn off True Sky mid flight. But it results in a CTD.

I will probably do a complete P3D reinstall when HF2 will be out.

Hopefully this will sort things out ;)

Daniel.

Just uninstall and reinstall the client only.....that should be enough as the ea and shader files are client parts. No need to reinstall complete P3D. Are you using vr also?

19 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Just uninstall and reinstall the client only.....that should be enough as the ea and shader files are client parts. No need to reinstall complete P3D. Are you using vr also?

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

I don't use VR.

Thanks!

Daniel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived