Jump to content
ayoacham

Newby with a lot of doubts

Recommended Posts

Hi everybody. I've been flying FSX for many years, but only recently have I decided to use a more serious approach to flying. Because of this I downloaded Aerosoft Airbus A318/19/20/21 series as well as Navigraph. I've read everywhere that the Aerosoft planes will 'read' the flight plans I prepare in SimBrief, but I have yet to figure out how to do this.

I realize that this has probably come up in this forum on multiple occasions, and believe me when I say that I've read an encyclopedia's worth of posts, but still have not been able to figure this out.

Can anybody help me please?

I have many other doubts, but I'll focus on this one for now, and maybe later get into the others.

Thanks!

Alberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ayoacham said:

Hi everybody. I've been flying FSX for many years, but only recently have I decided to use a more serious approach to flying. Because of this I downloaded Aerosoft Airbus A318/19/20/21 series as well as Navigraph. I've read everywhere that the Aerosoft planes will 'read' the flight plans I prepare in SimBrief, but I have yet to figure out how to do this.

I realize that this has probably come up in this forum on multiple occasions, and believe me when I say that I've read an encyclopedia's worth of posts, but still have not been able to figure this out.

Can anybody help me please?

I have many other doubts, but I'll focus on this one for now, and maybe later get into the others.

Thanks!

Alberto

 

Welcome to the forums, and to a higher level of flight simulation.

 

You can either manually download the Simbrief flight plan file and put the file where it needs to be, or you can use the Simbrief Downloader.

 

The correct location for the flight plan is the Flightplans folder which is described in Volume 6, Page 23 of the Documentation provided and installed with the Aircraft.  You should find the documentation in the Windows Start menu under product folder.

 

Best wishes!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave. Thank you very much for the welcome and response! 

I opened Simbrief and saw that my flightplans are being saved in the following directory: C:\Users\ayoac\OneDrive\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\Flightplans

However, in your post you don't mention 'OneDrive'. Should I do anything? Sorry for these, I guess, obvious questions, but I'm not very savvy in terms of computing.

Thanks,

Alberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave.

Another question I have regarding your post is: when I to Volume 6, page 23 to see the correct location for the Flightplans folder, it says there to use the Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 Configurator, but I have NO idea what to do there. For example, it gives me the option of using NavDataPro or Navigraph. I suscribe to Navigraph, so I assume that I should check that box, correct? If so, does this mean that any flightplan I create with Navigraph and export as a .pln file will be able to be read in the MCDU?

Thanks,

Alberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ayoacham said:

Hi Dave. Thank you very much for the welcome and response! 

I opened Simbrief and saw that my flightplans are being saved in the following directory: C:\Users\ayoac\OneDrive\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\Flightplans

However, in your post you don't mention 'OneDrive'. Should I do anything? Sorry for these, I guess, obvious questions, but I'm not very savvy in terms of computing.

Thanks,

Alberto

 

 

One Drive is a local user feature provided by Microsoft product which commonly ties your Documents folder to a folder out on the Internet, and it is NOT accessible by flight sim software given the networking involved. If you will search our forums, you'll find several issues related to One Drive and our advice is to disable it for the Documents folder. You need to fix this yourself and if you need support please Google "How to disable One Drive" or contact Microsoft.  Again, it's not our software.  Before disabling One Drive, you will need to first uninstall the Airbus.

 

The truth is (and I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this) if you're going to enjoy our hobby beyond a very basic level you will need to develop at least an average level of knowledge about computing or wait for MSFS to be released next year and get an Xbox to enjoy things.  But if you choose to develop the requisite level of knowledge then the good news is that we've had flight sim forums for 40 years and their is a wealth of information to be had on any subject in the hobby for the price of a Google search.

 

I don't want you to thin that you are the only one who has to do this, we all have, and I'm going through this all over again with a different flight sim software and it's tough going from a very knowledgeable position to novice all over again.... but it's worth it.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dave. I'm willing to learn, but any directioning would be great! I'll see what I can do regarding the OneDrive issue.

Alberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ayoacham said:

Thanks Dave. I'm willing to learn, but any directioning would be great! I'll see what I can do regarding the OneDrive issue.

Alberto

 

The information you are seeking is located in Volume 1 of the Documentation.  I haven't had FSX or the very old version of the Airbus you're using installed for over 8 years, but I reinstalled so I would have the documentation to point you the answer in the documentation this final time.

 

Best wishes my friend!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...