FMGS.dll CTD on approach [a320 1.3.1.0, P3Dv4]

MartinRichards

Hi all,

Picked up the a320 for a Vatsim flight and got a rather nasty FMGC.dll crash while on approach into Bilbao, this occured when I set a direct waypoint to line myself up with the final approach course for RWY 30 in the FMGC which appeared to be enough to crash the sim. I didn't have logging turned on so this is all I can currently provide until the next time I get a similar crash:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: FMGS.dll, version: 4.64.0.23, time stamp: 0x5e9ea9b0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c4e81
Faulting process ID: 0x22f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6340bb8196f7a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.dll
Report ID: f38de481-70ea-4300-b303-1a65474652b4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks,

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

No idea if related, but it’s a very bad idea to install the sim and addons in

c:\program files (x86) and c:\program files

Both folders are special protected by windows UAC and often leads to problems.

Use a folder like c:\p3d

Hi, I will look to try and reproduce the issue in the next few days.

It is possible that the UAC restrictions on C:\Program Files  and C:\Program Files (x86) may be part of the issue, though I have gone and deliberately purged a lot of the protections because I was having so many issues when trying to manually modify files in other addons etc. on the sim (the more I use Windows 10 the more I miss Windows 7 in this regard, few OSes have been as frustrating to use in my experience). I'll look to reproduce the issue first and then maybe look at changing my installation.

There is also a possiblity that a recent Windows update may also be the culprit as I have a not entirely dissimilar CTD a few days before in the PMDG 747, though that never registered in the Event-Viewer so I've had very little to go on as far as that crash, and I also feel that in that case the heavy weather may have been more of a factor (whereas there was only very light weather in my CTD in the A320).

Many Thanks,

Martin

• Deputy Sheriffs

Martin, I really recommend to create a folder outside P3D, like ..\P3D Add-ons and point the installer for the Bus to this folder.

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Martin, I really recommend to create a folder outside P3D, like ..\P3D Add-ons and point the installer for the Bus to this folder.

I'll probably reinstall the bus and try that, certainly is at least more pallatable than the prospect of a full sim reinstall.

Hi, I just repeated the flight today to test the error, and the CTD occurred again at roughly the same place on the arrival (aka when I was getting ready to line up with the ILS), same error although I did not interact with the FMGS this time.

Attatched is what I believe is the relevant logfile for the FMGS, and the P3D save taken at around 10,000 feet in order to aid in replicating the error externally (I don't know what files are necessary so I've attached all of them).

In the next few days I'll reinstall the bus to a different folder as reccommended and then repeat the flight again to see if this solves the issue.

Many Thanks,

Martin

FMGS.log crash test.abx crash test.asc crash test.fms crash test.fxml crash test.wx

• 1 month later...

Ive just experienced the same in P3Dv5 flying the A320 Professional (1.4.0.2), CTD during approach to LFSB.

The Airbuses are installed on a seperate SSD dedicated to my Add-Ons.

Im on Windows 10 2004, no recent updates installed.

Application Error.txt

I did a complete re-install and I still had CTD issues with the Aerosoft Airbuses during approach phase.
When I updated from 1.4.0.1 to 1.4.0.2 I could not even start P3D5. It would CTD after around 20 seconds in the start-up screen.

By accident I came accross a thread mentioning the .net repair tool.
So I run the .net tool (netfxrepairtool) and I havent had any more problems so far (completed 5 flights without any problems).
It even solved my problem I was having with MS Outlook.

Maybe its worth a try.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for coming back and I'm glad that it works noe for you.

Indeed soves the .NET repair tool many problems. Another cause are broken/outfated C++ redistributables. Reinstalling them might also help.

Ather the TO never came back to report his results, I close this topic now.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived