FSX - Rome Ciampino ILS 15 issue no glide no loc signals

az1228

Morning everyone,

I've an issue when using ILS 15 in LIRA in FSX.  I've no ILS  glide slope and localizer signals  on 109.90 Freq.

Don't know if it is already reported even in the past. I didn't catch info from the forum history, sorry.

Thankyou in advance,

Francesco

On 5/27/2020 at 6:15 AM, az1228 said:

Morning everyone,

I've an issue when using ILS 15 in LIRA in FSX.  I've no ILS  glide slope and localizer signals  on 109.90 Freq.

Don't know if it is already reported even in the past. I didn't catch info from the forum history, sorry.

Thankyou in advance,

Francesco

As you hold a position with a Virtual Airline, I'm guessing you're familiar with the fact that default FSX airports is from the circa early 2000's, and today many people are using NavData products to update the NavData which includes NAVAID and ILS Approach Frerequencies.  But if the scenery doesn't match the frequeny that the Aircraft FMS/FMGS has, the FMS/FMGS in the aircraft will never hear the signal because the airport is on a different (older) frequency.  To resolve this, you have to update the airport data in FSX.  You can do this multiple ways, such as 1) installing an updated AFCAD which may be freely available at various sites such as AVSIM and Flightsim.com, you can edit the existing AFCAD yourself using the freeware tool Airport Design Editor, or you can purcahse a payware airport - and believe me that makes all the difference in the world and is the very best option. 

Aerosoft has an EXCELLENT airport for CIAMPINO for FSX all the way through P3Dv4.5 in our shop, and I flew in and out of that airport just last week - it was terrific!  I would strongly urge you to give our scenery a try!

Best wishes.

Archived