Safety Demonstration

mwa05

Gents,

What are the conditions to get the safety demonstration to play in the A330?

I am on the latest version and can only ever recall it playing once, and I have had the airplane since the day you released it.

I get all other cabin announcements, but for the safety demonstration.

I must not be following a strict procedure to kick off the script (I use the checklists and prep procedure we use at work). What are the conditions to set it off?

Thanks,

Mark

Thank you for the tremendous response and pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it. And thanks for taking the time to move the question to another area! 

After googling and searching hundreds of old threads, I was able to find the sound.xml in the AB_Systems folder and I could “read” what was required and I have now been able to get the announcement to play (RWY Turn Off On, even though we would not use that light at that time in my airline).

I have not been able to work out what is required for the “Captain, the Cabin is Secure” announcement after doors closed, if I could impose on you and ask what are the conditions for that? I seem to meet what is required in the .xml but no joy.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but that cabincrew message / sound is not "played" anymore in the A330 (the sound file is just "silenced")  because it means that the CC can just open the cockpit door by themselves and making the accouncement - which is according to the implemented safety features (door bell and opening only from inside the VC) not possible anymore. 

Thanks Hanse, that makes sense to me. Long gone is the day the Purser would enter the flight deck and turn over a card on the centre console that said “Cabin Ready”. 😀

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived