Super Cub ?

Didg

Thanks Mathijs,

That would make me (and I'm sure many others) a very happy sim pilot. :D

IMO, for real low and slow flying, it can't be beat.

As a well know bush pilot once said.

"If I've got to carry some cargo, I'll take the van (dh Beaver). If not, it's the Super Cub every time."

Cheers,

Didg.

I'd buy an X version too. I loooove the Beaver. It was my first aircraft add-on that I bought and still my favorite. Nothing beats it for flying around Alaska (except for maybe that SuperCub!) RealAir's Scout does a decent job in the meantime.

I've been thinking about buying RealAir's Scout, what do you think of it?

I've got their SF260, which I realy like, apart from I have dificulty reading the instruments without changing the view to a close up.

• Aerosoft
I'd buy an X version too. I loooove the Beaver. It was my first aircraft add-on that I bought and still my favorite. Nothing beats it for flying around Alaska (except for maybe that SuperCub!) RealAir's Scout does a decent job in the meantime.

Okay, you guys are starting to make sense. I'll see what we can do in the short term. The visual model works fine in FSX Sp2 doesn't it? So we only would need to redo the VC.

And if you like the Beaver we are going to make you very happy with the Twin Otter. it really has the same feel to it and is a superb introduction to turbine operations.

I've been playing around with the Super Cub in the past - trying to do a panel for the Carbon Cub

dash2.jpg

onfire.jpg

The panel is far from satisfactory - considering I didn't have a clue what i was doing. all I did was tag a few instruments and gauges together to do a pseudo modern panel for a Crafters Cub / Carbon Cub look alike. I cannot release the panel as I probably use © gauges. Aerosoft would have to "dodge" this - Katana Gauges?.

A more modern Cub NEEDS a vari-prop and lotsa power. My plea would be for Andrej to do a re-model. I still fly her in X - but I do all sorts of nasty things... things I cannot release as a paint etc. because she's not an X plane and the default SC is lousy in X. (sorry)

Fraid not.

a. it isn't finished and b. it isn't finished - and won't be. At least not until I get permission from the owners to finish it and also an FSX model to apply it to. And that won't happen as long as the Aerosoft plane doesn't have the same performance as the RW "Carbon Cub".

It was merely one of my many exercises in "can it be done?"

Sorry

Okay, you guys are starting to make sense. I'll see what we can do in the short term. The visual model works fine in FSX Sp2 doesn't it? So we only would need to redo the VC.

I haven't noticed any problems with the visual model w/ SP2.

I haven't noticed any problems with the visual model w/ SP2.

so you havent noticed the famous 'cloud/prop" issue, every port model has it,

mathjis, i think this model would have to be recompiled with the fsx sdk, wouldnt ya thinK?

I mean we want the very best, bump mapping, self shadows, NO CLOUD/PROP ISSUE, also the canopy glass has issues like most ports,

• 4 months later...

Any news yet on the Super Cub X.

I have the Twotter now and Real Air's Scout to go with my Beaver.

But I still want the best bush plane out there. ;)

Did the super Cub for FS9 not sell very well?

I can't understand why this plane is not on the list as a "must do" for FSX. :(

Didg.

I too am very interested in a FSX version of the Super Cub or at least a workable patch for it. I do almost all of my power flying in the bush and nothing compares to the slow flight capabilities of the Aerosoft Super Cub. I can get into and out-of places that not even an ultralight will survive.

Don

I too am very interested in a FSX version of the Super Cub or at least a workable patch for it. I do almost all of my flying in the bush and nothing compares to the slow flight capabilities of the Aerosoft Super Cub. I can get into and out-of places that not even an ultralight will survive.

Don

I totally agree with you Don, in my opinion it's the best off airport plane there is.

Do you know about Alaskan Winds?

http://alaskanwinds.romanesca.com/welcome.html

If you do most of your flying in the bush you may be interested.

It's a small community of friendly bush pilots, flying mostly in Alaska.

I only joined recently and can thoroughly recommend it.

Didg.

I thought that Aerosoft would have had this out already as I was looking for the FSX version. :rolleyes:

It would be nice as many of us loved the FS9 version and would really like the FSX super cub!

Can't somebody at least come up with some sort of workaround for the FS9 version?

I tried loading the FS9 supercub into FSX and my sim crashed when it tries to load.

You might have had a few sales, me being one of them! :lol:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...um=1214427380/0

Please oh please Mathijs :lol:

I totally agree with you Don, in my opinion it's the best off airport plane there is.

Do you know about Alaskan Winds?

http://alaskanwinds.romanesca.com/welcome.html

If you do most of your flying in the bush you may be interested.

It's a small community of friendly bush pilots, flying mostly in Alaska.

I only joined recently and can thoroughly recommend it.

Didg.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I live in Central, Alaska. It is a little bush community of about 80 year-round souls and is barely on the road system. We are located about 35 miles from the Yukon River.

Don

The outcry for the Super Cub continues! FS X scenery is perfect for off airport operations. No need to make it complicated, just add the VC and lets fly! The simple panel would be fine with me. Attitude indicator, Needle and ball, RPM, compass, VSI and engine guages.

Don,

I would love to live where you do, I must save up and visit Alaska some time.

It's such a big state though I'd have a tough time deciding where to go. <_<:rolleyes: