A330 Crashing to Desktop

Nick Gilbert

All,

After choosing the A330 in the scenario screen, as well as the airport and weather, I went to load the scenario. Before the loading box appeared, P3D stopped responding and crashed. I have loaded various different aircraft in the sim with and without weather and they all work fine. I have looked at other forum posts about CTD's and they said to download AppCrashView; however, when P3D crashes I get no indication of it in ACV. I am running it as administrator so I can see the events. I also have reinstalled the aircraft 3 times and tried not turning off my computer immediately, and downloading the experimental 1.0.2.0 version. I am running P3D V4.5.14.34698. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Nick Gilbert

Nick, something tells me the installation did not go as planned.  I suspect you have Microsoft's One Drive active for your Documents folder or you forgot to disable your Computer Security and/or to run the Airbus Installer as Administrator.

You can try this.

1. Uninstall the Airbus.

2. Ensure One Drive is disabled for your Documents folder.

3. Carefully follow the procedure in the thread below.

Let us know how that works for you!

NOTE: If the above doesn't work, don't uninstall the Airbus again.  Instead please download, unzip and run our Discovery Tool and post the information here in this thread. But please don't do this unless the procedure above does not work.

ASVersionInfo.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, zhis is not necessary. Best is to create a folder outside P3D like "x:\P3D Add-ons" and point the installer to this folder.

But be aware that only aircraft files will be installed in this folder. All other generic files, like flighplans, navdata etc. which are used by the other Buses too will go to this folder:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\General and here it is extremly important that your documents folder is NOT linked to OneDrive.

Archived