Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

AAC47

Holding Procedure

There have been some questions regarding holding pattern and holding procedures...

There are some references about holding procedure and holding entries

Last post I read about holding was how to fly holding in Aerosoft A320

I Suggest that you have to point out  that AEROSOFT AIRBUS IS UNABLE TO ENTER HOLDING CORRECT EXEPT DIRECT ENTRY

If You enter holding without HDG SELECT manual mode You can find yourself flying over restricted or Danger areas

I made a post about this issue some years ago but perhaps next year there will be an fix...I still hope

40 minutes ago, AAC47 said:

There have been some questions regarding holding pattern and holding procedures...

There are some references about holding procedure and holding entries

Last post I read about holding was how to fly holding in Aerosoft A320

I Suggest that you have to point out  that AEROSOFT AIRBUS IS UNABLE TO ENTER HOLDING CORRECT EXEPT DIRECT ENTRY

If You enter holding without HDG SELECT manual mode You can find yourself flying over restricted or Danger areas

I made a post about this issue some years ago but perhaps next year there will be an fix...I still hope

As I recall, we corrected the hold function in the A330 and we're adding that to the smaller buses this very week and it will be included in the upcoming update.

Moreover, I believe we notified customers that our hold functions were not complete in the "what's not working" thread.

I flew the A330 into EGSS from EGKK to test the hold at ABBOT and it seems to fly it fine, great update .. Cannot wait for it to come to the smaller buses as well ..... it still has a slight issue with the Transitions there so i don't select them and just manually add them.

Thanks for the great work

Rich

• Upvote 1

Thanks for Quick answer...I really like flying Your Busses so my points was that I wanted it to function in

all phases of flight from planning to shut-down.....

My IRL experience of Airbus is 5 yrs 330/340 and It feels really good to take a trip and recall the bus-feeling after

being Senior Citizen from 2007

Thanks

Eric

4 hours ago, AAC47 said:

Thanks for Quick answer...I really like flying Your Busses so my points was that I wanted it to function in

all phases of flight from planning to shut-down.....

My IRL experience of Airbus is 5 yrs 330/340 and It feels really good to take a trip and recall the bus-feeling after

being Senior Citizen from 2007

Thanks

Eric

Most welcome.  Let us know via PM if you'd like to help with our Beta!

On 5/25/2020 at 5:12 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

As I recall, we corrected the hold function in the A330 and we're adding that to the smaller buses this very week and it will be included in the upcoming update.

Moreover, I believe we notified customers that our hold functions were not complete in the "what's not working" thread.

Does this mean that future updates of the A32X will support published database holding patterns rather than the 180 degrees reversal from last leg at present?

7 minutes ago, lambourne said:

Does this mean that future updates of the A32X will support published database holding patterns rather than the 180 degrees reversal from last leg at present?

Yes sir, as described in my previous post.  Shouldn't be too much longer for that update.

Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would just like to add ... the A330 flew a  parallel entry into a Hold really well last night , thanks to the team for improving the holding capabilities of this Aircraft and can't wait for the new P3D4.5 update of the smaller Airbus to arrive so i can start flying them more as well (is it cheeky of me to ask when is it due? Lol ).

Rich