Sim-wings London Heathrow Prof for P3dv5 config tool issue 1

Hi,

First of all I want to say thank you for all the work you do to make this scenery available for p3dv5.

I spent some time this weekend to install my first addons into P3dv5

London Heathrow Prof V5 2.0.0.1 is among them 😊

I ran in some issues with the config tool.

The installer automatically registers the scenery into P3dv5 (Through xml-addon)

However the config tool claims that the scenery is not registered

Please login to display this image.

Because the scenery is already installed I am not using this tool for the moment.

Does anyone have simular experience?

Thanks in advance

Johan

• Developer

The Installer is doing only copies, not Register the Scenery in the add-ons.cfg of P3D.

The Installer calls the Configtool after the he finish to copy the data, to register the Addon.

When the tool is starting, it reads the add-ons.cfg in the folder C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 and checks if it find the entry with the related install directory (path of the add-ons.xml.

So, if this is not found, you get the message. But in this case, the scenery should not be registered correct.

Please press the "YES" botton and restart the tool to check if the message comes back. Then start the P3D again to check if the scenery is visable.

Btw, the tool will not write into the add-ons.cfg direct, it only start the Prepar3D.exe with related register parameter.

If the issue is not fixed, please append the add-ons.cfg from the path C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the reply

Just learned a few things 😊

The scenery is registered through the tool now and there is now an additional entry in the add-ons.cfg file.

Will do the same for Frankfurt pro

Johan

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived