Unhandled Exception

Doc_Z

In latest update, 2.0u.6 42, I wanted to move some things in scenery.cfg section of scenery configurator.  When I pushed OK, I got the attached error.  The path is the correct one to the scenery.  Why is access denied?

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Looks like another application tries to get access the file as well.

This can be caused by running SIMstarter without Administrator Rights or that another application is running in parallel that may has the file in read access.

You've run ORBX Central. Please close it and try again.

Please login to display this image.

That wasn't it.  NOt sure what ORBX Central has to do with it, it's not an ORBX product that is being blocked.

• Developer

As ORBX set the layering of the ORBX add-on.xml files it has to touch all other add-on.xml files as well. Therefore it might me the cause. I don't think this is a general problem.

Please reboot the PC and report back if the problem still persists.

The problem is that some of the ORBX xml files are stuck within default scenery files.  When I try to move them to touch the other ORBX files, I click OK to move them and that's when I get the exception.  Happened again after rebooting with nothing else open. This did not happen before the update to build 42. 

After uninstalling the MK scenery, I was able to fix the order in the scenery configurator.  No error message then.  Still not the way to do things.

• Developer

If you say so that might be right. Nothing changed on the Scenery Manager since 2.0.6.x so that cannot be the cause. I don't understand what you mean by "[...] ORBX xml files are stuck within default scenery files [...]". In general the Layering of ORBX scenery will be done by ORBX Central and should not be changed by you - please follow the instructions of ORBX. No idea what MK scenery has to do with that reported issue. I cannot really understand what happens on your system but I am happy that it is working again. 😉

Archived