ASUpdater not functioning

I reinstalled Aersoft A318/319 Airbus Professional, and the ASUpdater does not function. It opens with a blank screen and then closes. I am running P3D 4.5 however, I recently updated windows 10 to the latest version. Could this update be the cause of all my problems.

I'm afraid my  Aerosoft Livery crashes every time I want to run it...

The error tile is MIcrosoft .NET-Framework; details are: (sorry for the Dutch Win version, but I presume - as your name suggests - you might understand a bit of Dutch ;-))

Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen
van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
   bij Livery_Installer.MainWindow.cbxSim_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   bij Livery_Installer.MainWindow.MainWindow_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-versie: 4.0.0.0
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Livery Installer
    Assembly-versie: 2.1.0.0
    Win32-versie: 2.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/tlegt/OneDrive/Documenten/Aerosoft/LiveryInstaller/Livery%20Installer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32-versie: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32-versie: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** JIT-foutopsporing **************
Als u JIT-foutopsporing wilt inschakelen, moet in het configuratiebestand voor deze
toepassing of computer (machine.config) de waarde
jitDebugging in het gedeelte system.windows.forms zijn ingesteld.
De toepassing moet ook zijn gecompileerd terwijl foutopsporing
was ingeschakeld.

Bijvoorbeeld:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wanneer JIT-foutopsporing is ingeschakeld, worden onverwerkte uitzonderingen
naar het JIT-foutopsporingsprogramma gestuurd dat op de computer is geregistreerd
en worden niet door dit dialoogvenster verwerkt.

i had the same issue found out my windows defender was false flagging As Updater my As Updater would show up a white screen for a few seconds then close, i turned off the windows defender and the As Updater worked fine.

i raised and ticket i with Aerosoft got a reply saying they have had similar issues from other users. 

this is the reply i got sent.

Unfortunately, this is due to a false flag which is caused by the Anti-Virus believing our installers are installing malware on some systems due to how the installer works. Unfortunately, we see this happening quite often, but of course, we check our files regularly and we can assure you there are no viruses in our products. We recommend reading this article (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29358/ )by a popular anti-virus provider that explains false-positives a bit more.

While we do get in contact with anti-virus developers that false flag some of our products, we sometimes do not get a reply from them. Without the help of the developers of the Anti Virus programs, it is impossible to solve the false flagging issues.

However, there is a workaround for this, most Anti Virus programs including windows 10 defender have the option to select certain folders to be excluded from scans or allow you to temporarily disable the software. We recommend selecting your Flight Simulator folder as a folder that should not be scammed. Please do, however, keep in mind this is at your risk.

We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, however, the situation is usually out of our control and lays with the Anti-Virus developers. 

With friendly greetings,

i bought a 1 year subscription to Norton 360 as its on offer for £30, set it up and AS Updater has worked ever since  and everything works and installs fine.

Archived