EGKB STARS out of date

keenrw

Hi

I have noticed that the STARs for Biggin Hill are out of date, they were changed a while back , the airport normally uses the same STARs as London City (which are correct).

34 minutes ago, mopperle said:

How do you come to that conclusion?

Comparing it to the Navigraph charts and i worked there in ATC some time back

OK thanks for that ... I asked a mate who uses the NAVDATA pro Airac and the STARS are correct and up to date  in that but the Charts have not been updated to reflect this change.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have an example of what is not correct? I compared charts from  Eurocontrol with those from NavdataPro and Navigraph and at a first glance I couldnt see any difference.

Please login to display this image.

As you can see some STARs have been renamed but it's not reflected in the NavData Charts

34 minutes ago, Airbus Lover said:

It’s exactly the same and latest chart that is available at the Lido viewer I’ve just checked it.

My Best Regards

Check the name of the STARS eg on the Navdata pro chart the STAR from XAMAM (North East) is called the GODLU 1K .. whereas the new STAR on Navigraph is called XAMAM 1X ....the STAR from KONAN is now the KONAN 1C ..on Navdata pro its still the older GODLU1C   the star from BEDEK is now the BEDEK 1C not the GODLU 1A etc etc

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, now I see what you mean. It is the naming, while the routs are still te same. Unfortunately there is nothing Aerosoft can do, as AS can only offer what it got from LHS.

UK AIS cycle 2006 only list OSVEV RNAV transitions and no STAR's:

RNAV1 (DME/DME or GNSS) TRANSITION ARRIVAL CHART - INSTRUMENT RWY 21 OSVEV 1G 1J - ICAO

Yeah so as I said they use the same STARs for London City , which have been updated on the City charts but the ones on Biggin Hill are out of date ....Navigraph as you can see have the correct ones as well ref KB but Navdata pro uses the old ones......the Nav Data pro airacs also have the correct nav data it's just the charts are not correct atm.

What it may happen and correct me if I’m wrong, is that Biggin hill airport doesn’t receive scheduled Airline flights ( that are LIDO’s Main Costumers and Target) by what I saw....on the other hand Jeppesen is available for all from Private Pilots to Airlines and military also. But correct me if I’m wrong what may happen is that if a Lido Airline client has special flight to that airport the chart may be updated accordingly?....

My Best Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 hours ago, Airbus Lover said:

But correct me if I’m wrong what may happen is that if a Lido Airline client has special flight to that airport the chart may be updated accordingly?...

It could very well be that LIDO forgot to update these charts. There are always some small (and big) errors to be found once in an while with their charts IRL. If they are aware of it they will post a notice to the "real world" costumers. In this case they would most probably refer to the EGLC charts and update EGKB with the next cycle. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think another reason can be: for EGKB no STARs are published in the AIP, they only refer to EGLC. So I suggest that as a pilot you use the charts for EGLC and those are uptodate in LIDO:

The only thing I do not understand in that case, why do they still have the old charts in their repository.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:21 AM, mopperle said:

The only thing I do not understand in that case, why do they still have the old charts in their repository.

Hello, maybe for Reference  only? If the chart is needed they will update him some time before the flight On request, usually It works that way ;)  ( this was what I was told).

My Best Regards

Archived