a major disappointment so far / fundamental issues

Hi!
I was following the development of the CRJ for quite a while. I knew that there would be quite a few issues and stumble stones.

Well. In the current times, I though I still give it a try. Reserved a lot of time to today to familiarise me with the extensive paperwork and was really willing to get there slowly and step by step.

However, I did not even get somewhere near to anything like flying...

1.) Tut 3 says: "Load the flight “Aerosoft CRJ Tutorial” that will place the aircraft with all the correct settings and at the correct location."

Willing to do so .... but where is that flight to be loaded? It's not under flights, it's not under trainings, 

Tut 1 says: "Wir empfehlen Ihnen dringend, erst ein Standard-FSX-Flugzeug mit laufenden Triebwerken zu laden, bevor Sie im Simulator die CRJ auswählen." Maybe that's the way....?  No, I still can't find it. .... So where is the beginning of the beginning...?

... maybe it can be found somewehe in DAVE ??  So switching to a CRJ and trying that... But...

2) Neither Panels nor DAVE nor FMS display can be read/used, as it does not fit to the screen. /see screenshots.

Hmm.. maybe that's why I use a three monitor setup? Changing resolution to default 1920x1080 and adjusting the window. Then restarting the sim... Same thing.... Clicking on the panels, I get a 2D window with all content. Not so in DAVE...

I was expecting that it would not be too easy,... but I dod not expect it to become such a desaster with such fundamental issues from the very beginning...

:-(

Oh boy....

Any help or should I just write my payment off?

Regards,

Tom

Please login to display this image.

55 minutes ago, tomtomfly22 said:

maybe it can be found somewehe in DAVE ??

Now starting to bother me.  I'm going to have more than words with Hans the next time I see him.... LOL!

Dear Hans,

Thank you for the quick respone.

I am using FSX. In my fsx.cfg there is (was) no entry 

MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION

I added one such line (no idea if it will do anything in FSX)

But I found a line

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD

which I changed from 0 to 1

One of these apparently did the job and I can read the screens now. Thank you so far!!

I am still unable to find the Tutorial flight, though.

P.S.: Just FYI -

Your guidance in the refferred Q&A is somewhat difficult to understand, as you first say the "...RESOLUTION"-line should be anthing else, but 4096 and then you say

". Change the line to read: MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=4096"

Dear Bob, 

I only today saw that the post/link above was not origined by Hans. Thank you for the hint.

Also I was able to find on page 44 of 45 forums pages a hint directing me the the soure of the other issue.

Why is the installer creating another "Flight Simulator X Files" folder [which the Sim does not know about....]  on a German Windows Installation?

After moving the files from "...X Files" to "..X-Dateien" I can find and open the Tut flight...

I hope that things will get at leasr a little bit better going forward...

Thx and regards,

Tom

Archived