Total begginner,  have fsx, Logitech throttle quadrant and a Honeycomb Yoke, but I am unsure onn how to use the program Yoke Input  I am not sure how to set the switches up, can anyone Help.

Welcome to the forums and the hobby!

You don't have to use the Honeycomb software, in fact I don't use it.  Just program the Yoke using the FSX Control Settings and you'll be fine. When  you open the FSX Control settings you'll notice that FSX sensed the two controllers you have and has already assigned control binds and Axis to them.  You would be best removing them all and assigning them yourself (the Axis might be fine).

Best wishes!

• Aerosoft

At the danger of pissing off all the people who make the drivers or other software for hardware.... I have never used any in the last 20 years.

I am sure there are fine bits of software that offer options otherwise not available, but I have bitten by bad drivers too often. Just plug in the hardware and use the sim options.

Just a little more information... the Honeycomb software does not use any drivers.  It's merely a profile based control mapping which is similar to but not nearly as complex or capable as FSUIPC.  Like the Boss, I don't use either, I just use the flight sim command binds.

• Aerosoft

Hi Scarlet,

just like Dave and Mathijs said: as long as you don't want to do some fancy stuff with custom aircraft functionality not available in the default fsx control assignments you don't need the software. Just assign the functionality you like via fsx and you should be good to go.

Archived