EFB and KASE (Aspen)

MiHei

Strange problem with the EFB that only occurs when on the ground with flights originating from KASE.  The EFB performance page does not show any projected Vspeeds until the CRJ (any model) is approximately 400' AGL.  I thought at first it might have something to do with high altitude airports, but it doesn't occur at Telluride with is almost 2 thousand feet higher.  I'm at a loss as to what I might look into to correct the problem.  BTW this is P3D default KASE. 

• Developer

It's possible that the combination of altitude, aircraft weight and outside temperature (hot & high) means that you're leaving the limits of the V-speed tables that are used a the basis for the calculation.

Please login to display this image.

If you see three dashes for an entry, then this is the case.

29 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It's possible that the combination of altitude, aircraft weight and outside temperature (hot & high) means that you're leaving the limits of the V-speed tables that are used a the basis for the calculation.

Please login to display this image.

If you see three dashes for an entry, then this is the case.

Thanks for the response Hans.  That is exactly what I'm seeing. 

On 5/28/2020 at 8:16 AM, MiHei said:

Thanks for the response Hans.  That is exactly what I'm seeing. 

Just an FYI if anyone is interested.  Apparently it's some sort of conflict with ActiveSky,  because all is well with P3D weather.  In addition (using ActiveSky) it concerns the barometric pressure, because if I increase it to project an altitude approximately 400 feet above AGL then the EFB displays the V speeds.

Archived